Is this a Kayline Soft top? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is this a Kayline soft top?

Also, what are the long silver rods?

Kayline1.jpg

kayline3.jpg

eBay Motors: fj40 land cruiser factory soft top (item 150233323997 end time Apr-14-08 16:28:31 PDT)

Last edited:
x2 yes...nice find...when i had my top made i had the bars incorperated into the design....it makes it way easyer to take the top off....when you put the top on go in this order:

1) windshield channel canvas in
2) lay canvas over the top 1st bow ....sques the canvas in the door channel and fit the bar in the canvas locking the canvas intop door bow....kayline used to say bar goes in from the front windshield side....but....i always founf it to be a PITA that way....slide the bar from the back of the door bow. ( DO NOT force it...it will rip a hole inside the canvas) the silver bar should be smooth on the one end ...if it is not....round it off ans smooth it...kayline was getting cheap at the end and making the silver bars with very sharp edges
3) slide the canvas thru the channel behind the door.
4) pull canvas over all bows....make sure bows are loose when 1st instaling.
5) twist lock each spot the zip the back and sides
6) get inside and push out bows just a bit and snug up...when the canvas shrinks in 2 years you will have adustment

What is a Kayline top? Isn't it an OEM accessory as advertised?

the kayline replacement was offered by toyota (dealers) and you are able to order from the oem parts numbers and kayline comes up...i will look for the part number.

in the mean time here are the instructions....Southboston when you posted that i didnt see the link below...i thought this was the top that you had bought.
kayline Care Instructions johnnyc.JPG
kayline FST Install Sheet johnnyc.JPG

the kayline replacement was offered by toyota (dealers) and you are able to order from the oem parts numbers and kayline comes up...i will look for the part number.

in the mean time here are the instructions....Southboston when you posted that i didnt see the link below...i thought this was the top that you had bought.

Thanks JohnnyC, you're always eager to help.

Search by OEM Part Number:
(Select Make)Toyota
Multi-Part Search

Supersession Information
Part number 6591090300 was superseded by part number 0002114260.
OEM Catalog
Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
0002114260 $185.12 $0.00 $148.10

KAYLINE TOP

Add to Cart Contact Us

JohnnyC, thanks for the info. I have another question. If I purchased the Toyota soft top as an acessory(back in 1969) to make my FJ40LV into a soft top, what color would the bows have been? I am assuming that it would have not been offered to match the color of the truck . Thanks!:cheers:Brendon

JohnnyC, thanks for the info. I have another question. If I purchased the Toyota soft top as an acessory(back in 1969) to make my FJ40LV into a soft top, what color would the bows have been? I am assuming that it would have not been offered to match the color of the truck . Thanks!:cheers:Brendon

they all would have been primer black...as far as i remember

The fabric part of the top does appear to be either a Kayline or STC (later company name) replacement. Otherwise it is an OEM Toyota top. I have one just like it. The only missing parts are the soft doors, but it will work fine with hard doors.

Anybody else want one just like that for the same price? I'll make you a deal on the soft doors too.

Oh My God:eek: $2,076 for a soft top...I am speechless.
Was that to much to pay for such a find? It seemed like a pretty rare find , and in good condition?:hmm:

Was that to much to pay for such a find? It seemed like a pretty rare find , and in good condition?:hmm:

Did you buy it? :)

Search by OEM Part Number:
(Select Make)Toyota
Multi-Part Search

Supersession Information
Part number 6591090300 was superseded by part number 0002114260.
OEM Catalog
Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
0002114260 $185.12 $0.00 $148.10

KAYLINE TOP

Add to Cart Contact Us
Interesting, Kayline has been out of business for anumber of years, STC purchased their design and now I think they have dropped off the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom