Is there a 9005 LED for a 2005 LX470 Hi beam that works with DRL's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm converting to LED's. Low beam H1 Hikari's seem to work, other than dust cap too short. Got Kreiges 9005's for Hi beam/ DRL's. No go. DRL's don't work properly. Anyone make a 9005 that will do Hi and DRL for this 2005 LX?

I'm converting to LED's. Low beam H1 Hikari's seem to work, other than dust cap too short. Got Kreiges 9005's for Hi beam/ DRL's. No go. DRL's don't work properly. Anyone make a 9005 that will do Hi and DRL for this 2005 LX?
Not w/o a custom harness.

Not w/o a custom harness.
They work on high and they go off
low with lights on. With the headlights off, engine running, in DRL mode, they're on high. How would a harness fix this?

They work on high and they go off
low with lights on. With the headlights off, engine running, in DRL mode, they're on high. How would a harness fix this?

You can check my previous post

Thanks. I went to his website I don't see the DRL kit, but I called and left a message.

Thanks. I went to his website I don't see the DRL kit, but I called and left a message.
I spoke with LB. He only sold five of the harness/resistor/light kits. He can put one together but it's not inexpensive. I've looked into this pretty extensively and it appears to me that short of that kit, the 9005 LED for the high beam/DRL just isn't going to work. I put Hikaris in for the low beams and it's a world of difference. One LED company, Sealite, claims the have a decoder that will solve the problem with the high beam DRL issue. I have my doubts. Is this possible?

no it's not. there is no such decoder.
why insist on having daytime running lights? the low is the same thing one slot over.
google, how to turn 9 volts dc into 12 volts dc

I spoke with LB. He only sold five of the harness/resistor/light kits. He can put one together but it's not inexpensive. I've looked into this pretty extensively and it appears to me that short of that kit, the 9005 LED for the high beam/DRL just isn't going to work. I put Hikaris in for the low beams and it's a world of difference. One LED company, Sealite, claims the have a decoder that will solve the problem with the high beam DRL issue. I have my doubts. Is this possible?
Please do check my previous post

in order to make the DRL work for LED you will need
1) LED is non-polarity type, which means it can be power on both direction.
2) LED has wide input voltage range, say 3V - 12V range
3) LED light output should be controllable by input voltage

It could be very hard to find this kind of LED bulb, a PWM and polarity change circuit can be designed for this one (I think that is the "decoder" but it is not simple and I don't think there is an existing "decoder" for this).

I suggest just disable the DRL completely and remove the DRL resistor. If you do need one just by 3rd party headlights with additional LED decoration which you can use as DRL.

no it's not. there is no such decoder.
why insist on having daytime running lights? the low is the same thing one slot over.
google, how to turn 9 volts dc into 12 volts dc
Thanks that's what I suspected. DRLs are a nice safety feature but I might be able to live without them however one would have to turn off the drls and I think that takes Techstteam which I haven't gotten running yet.

Thanks that's what I suspected. DRLs are a nice safety feature but I might be able to live without them however one would have to turn off the drls and I think that takes Techstteam which I haven't gotten running yet.
just disconnect the DRL resistor. you should be fine.

It does. I’ve done it on my now sold LC.
So just disconnect the plug from the resistor, that's it? Won't cause any warning lights or any other problems? I'll just have led high beams?

So just disconnect the plug from the resistor, that's it? Won't cause any warning lights or any other problems? I'll just have led high beams?
Yes. Make sure you cover the connector to prevent moisture getting in. It won’t affect any other functions

just disconnect the DRL resistor. you should be fine.
So I installed the LEDs for both the high beams and the low beams. Hikari low and Kreiges high. Not easy getting the driver side high beam bulb out and in! With the resistor still connected with both LEDs installed the DRL's do not come on at all. That's okay, but do I still need to disconnect the resistor?

So I installed the LEDs for both the high beams and the low beams. Hikari low and Kreiges high. Not easy getting the driver side high beam bulb out and in! With the resistor still connected with both LEDs installed the DRL's do not come on at all. That's okay, but do I still need to disconnect the resistor?
Actually no need to do that. Test your high beam. If both are working in high beam which means in DRL mode, the cathode of LH LED connected to cathode of RH LED, the diodes will block the circuit and no current will go to the resistor in DRL mode.

The benefit for removing the resistor? Reducing the weight and give you the space for other applications (air pump, second battery, etc.)

1711640147731.png

Thank you Sunfic. Both high beams are working when they should be. I'll just leave the resistor connected unless I need space. Right now it's not an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom