Is my muffler done? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks bad but haven't noticed anything unusual yet. I wouldn't mind if it's just the sound.

muffler.jpg

What do you guys think?

Done.

If that’s OEM it’s pretty cheap and easy to swap out just the muffler. Just nuts and bolts, no welding.

If that’s OEM it’s pretty cheap and easy to swap out just the muffler. Just nuts and bolts, no welding.
Yes OEM. Best price of OEM muffler I can find local is about $530, plus some gaskets. I'll probably go that route. I don't need true v8 sound.

Yes OEM. Best price of OEM muffler I can find local is about $530, plus some gaskets. I'll probably go that route. I don't need true v8 sound.
I wouldn’t bother replacing it until the actual muffler has a hole in it….looks like just the outer shield rotted away. Your call though.

OEM, keep it quiet and enjoy no drone.

2nd magnaflow. No drone. Subtle V8 sound with stock exhaust out back.

I am fan of OEM. I installed a new one this past summer and it was relatively painless. @thegreatgazoo check www.partsouq.com, that is where I picked mine up. They have the OEM muffler for $312 plus shipping, which while pricey you can get it shipped to the states for ~$480 total.

2nd magnaflow. No drone. Subtle V8 sound with stock exhaust out back.
Yup 0 drone. With my stock resonator I can't even hear the magnaflow. People spewing false info that don't even have this setup.

Thanks all the feedback. I listened near the muffler again today - couldn't notice anything unusual. I decided to wait until it actually goes bad. It's already near 200K miles, so I guess it probably won't go through another OEM muffler.

Good call. My outer heat shield fell off during the 3 hour drive home on my first 100. Drove It for 30k before an actual leak occurred, then slapped on a Walker 55329. Half the weight, and mostly as quiet as oem.

My muffler isn't as rotted, but has a leak. Going the Magnaflow route soon..... How much louder is it actually without the resonator?

My muffler isn't as rotted, but has a leak. Going the Magnaflow route soon..... How much louder is it actually without the resonator?

Without the resonator - annoyingly loud. With resonator - perfect subtle V8 growl.

Without the resonator - annoyingly loud. With resonator - perfect subtle V8 growl.
Thanks- looking to get it at least as loud as my stock ‘12 Tahoe was. Hopefully GWagen-esque 😂.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom