is a Speedy Sleeve a long trem fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm about to order the speedy sleeve from SOR for my parking brake drum which is grooved in two spots. If anyone has done this I'd like your thoughts. Is this a long term fix or would I be best to just replace the drum? Thanks in advance, O.

IMO, no problem with long term....the only wear is the seal surface, and your's is now grooved because the seal got old/tore/etc and the spring inside contacted it.

Buy it and forget it...I've always purchased mine thru NAPA, but they have to order like anyone else...

I am currently running a speedy sleeve on my parking break drum, seems to work fine it has been in there for over 3 years.

For me, it failed to solve the problem. I ended up buying a new drum (not a lot more money!) and that fixed it.

PS: I have a used speedi-sleeved drum for sale for less than the cost of a speedi-sleeve if you want it!!!!

:D

I have used speedy sleeves on many things with great results..

If money is not an issue, I would replace the drum, I am sure that someone has a good used one out there....

I have found a few instances that a new seal and a new drum have not stopped the oil leak, due to bearing wear, allowing the shaft to not run concentric with the seal...

Good luck!

-Steve

Thanks for all Your thoughts and offers guys, I'll give it a shot. Cheers

napa is cheaper and you will get it faster than sor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom