Ironman Foam Cell Pro install question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

install is straight forward.
the ride initially was stiff but smoothed out considerably over the first couple hundred miles. the wife and i agree the ride is almost as good as stock on the road. a bit firmer. the wife said she forgot the lift was on it so the ride is good.
off road it has significantly improved. it seems to soak up the bumps much better even at low speeds. however i had bilsteins beforehand and never felt stock Toyota shocks. i am impressed and pleased with the shocks. I've never been in a truck with a high dollar suspension so i can't compare, but I'm happy so far. only been a few weeks.
Hey bud, What IM kit did you install? I'm considering this swap myself but don't know the difference in the Stage 1,2 or 3.

Hey bud, What IM kit did you install? I'm considering this swap myself but don't know the difference in the Stage 1,2 or 3.
must have been stage 1. i didn't get the diff drop. i just put in new axles and didn't feel the need for the diff drop, though I may get the slee diff drop to interface with their skid plates.
unless there is a financial incentive to buy them together, just get the stage 1. the diff drop you can add later and you can choose a different brand or even DIY it by drilling and cutting the oem bracket. but a better idea all together is to spend 100 bucks and reboot your CVs. the whole issue with the drop kit is it's supposed to alleviate CV angle and hopefully keep your old boots from tearing. if you put new boots on, and clamp them properly you solve that issue. a 2" lift isn't going to hurt the cv internals themselves. they can handle the angle.

Getting back to the various other add ons available from IM. Anyone have experience with their dif drop or rear control arms? With the current sale, there is a pretty hefty discount on the add ons if you jump up to Stage 2 or 3 so I'm considering doing more now rather than staging it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom