Ironman 2'' lift leaf rears up front (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Went out wheeling last weekend and ended up in a place I had no business being. Needless to say I messed up a good amount of things on my rig... not happy. Noticed my front leafs are extra saggy and decided it's time to replace them. they are stock rears with an extra leaf or two out of a Tacoma pack. they were good for a while but when you use used springs you can only expect so much. That being said I started to hunt for replacement springs. I like how rear Toyota springs push my front axle forward and they seem to give me great flex and ride nice on the road. So the hunt is on for some replacement rear springs and I came across Ironman springs. Can't seem to find any negative reviews about them so I pulled the trigger on a pair of the softer spring rate rear leaf springs. They look to have 6 main leafs and 2 overloads. Plan is to remove the overloads and run them with just the 6 leafs. Just wanted to through this out there and see what everyone thought. When it comes to the front springs it seems everyone has a different opinion of what is best so just curious. Thanks!

Interested to see how this turns out. Did you find any measurements on them (eye to eye)

Keep in mind that the spring rate for the rear is different from the front. A "light" rate/duty rear may not be "plug and play"
When i initially did RUF, i think i rebuilt the springs three or four times to get them dialed in

Absolutely. Total shot it the dark as far as selecting the lighter spring or the stiffer one. And as far as measuring goes they are a replacement spring for what I’m currently running. Should be the same... they only cost around $275 shipped. I figured for that cost I could afford to gamble. Fingers crossed

That’s true just curious if they measured the same

Where did you order them from ?

I’ll take pictures when they get here and when I install them. I ordered them directly from their site. Free shipping is what blew me away. Fingers crossed that they work out

😎 thanks

They came super fast. They look tall.... I pulled the big overload off but thinking I need to pull off that baby one. Thoughts? What’s desired for front springs in correlation to wheeling vs hwy driving? My current springs will pull out of the mill wrap which I have to fix each time. These have a bolt so that won’t happen but do I want them to separate for more flex? Hoping these flatten out a lot with weight on then though. Results this weekend.

BC5C66CF-8D6B-433F-91EB-FE1B9D60AEC8.jpeg

5C4A32CA-CC7F-4F51-A489-B665E448840E.jpeg

Look sweet and shipping was fast

Think you can take a measurement eye to eye before install for me 😁

Ok, here we go.... pics are kinda scattered all over the place. I suck at taking pics during install. The one pic I missed was the truck ride height prior to spring install. Overall I’m pretty happy with the results. Figured I’d get jacked up at least an inch but didn’t want more than 2.5-3. End result is an immediate 2.5 inch lift but will settle to >1.5. First pics are my old springs on the truck under its own weight. Measured about 47” eye to eye. As you can see they are flat and slightly dropped. Next two are old springs “fully” dropped (pretty sure my shocks are maxed out) measures 44” eye to eye.

C55933FB-7729-4D71-A492-39583C886A4B.jpeg

4F2D051F-CE31-46CA-98DF-5553B13692EE.jpeg

A508C2B6-BC24-4F17-9A45-CFB66424CB69.jpeg

8CBB7159-D2F6-42DF-9C3F-64174AD8DBA0.jpeg

Thanks @Toast for the pics they look great

Are those 12” shocks ?

Could I ask for one of your new shackle angle and a measurement of your center to center of your frame mounts if not too much trouble 🤔

Next pics are of the new springs on the bench. They measure 42.5” eye to eye. Following 2 are old springs on bench. They measure 44.5” eye to eye. Next pics are side by sides of the two springs and new springs installed under weight eye to eye measurement of 44.5”

FC932ED5-3269-4A15-AA34-D9C5D07C6116.jpeg

3E5F5DB1-F1D0-4E38-B50A-2A3B68C6B3E3.jpeg

CD2ACD50-583F-4140-BF4E-511377268F4D.jpeg

313D2528-E9AF-4991-8C0B-8A9EA9F109F5.jpeg

837053ED-34F1-4DB0-B7F6-324F096919F2.jpeg

Final result looks pretty good. They will settle a bit though so fingers crossed

DE5738D1-67FE-4528-A678-F4B5A4775173.jpeg

10” stroke which is a tad too short now lol but those will eventually go on the rear and I’ll order new shocks for the front. Shackle angle kind of sucks... I have 6” boomerang shackles and they are vertical. I can take pics of that tomorrow. When you say frame to frame you mean rear frame hanger to front frame hanger?

Yes rear hanger to front hanger thanks

And it does look sorry for all the questions I’m in the middle of a SAS myself so I can still move my front hanger if needed

What hanger are you using? I know my low range low pro hanger was notched so I could move it forward or back a tad. Might want it back a hair to get a better shackle angle if using these springs. Overall, they look pretty good. I think it’s a decent option considering the price but we’ll see how long they last. I’ll grab that measurement tomorrow for you though.

I made my hanger but it’s not welded in place yet so I can move it some if needed. I appreciate the help

Are these the CS009r?

Ive been running a pair of them for a few years now, ended up only using the two top leafs and stuffing other RUF leaves to get them to sit a little lower, and flex without "w"ing.

They are Ironman springs. I took the overloads out and they are kind of tall but should settle a bit.

Remind me @Toast - what weight is hanging on the front, e.g. winch bumper, winch, etc?

Patty is too tall and too stiff. As the trayback (your favorite ;) ) is growing in weight, the stance and ride are getting better, but I don't think the finished bed - which will weigh about the same as a factory bed - will be enough. The front end has an ARB and will get a winch. But I don't think that'll make enough of a difference. I foresee new springs at all four corners. Definitely looking forward to your review of the IronMan springs - and how/if they settle down.

That's a lotta air under there...
IMG_6370.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom