Iron Pig Off Road FJ55 Project (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some more tube work, and a shot of the saginaw PS pump and radiator mounted on the FJ60 motor, without the front clip.

Lance
www.ironpigoffroad.com
DSCN5282.JPG
DSCN5284.JPG

Some more tube work today. Jon (IPOR Project Manager) is the master of tube bending, he bent and notched most of the tubing seen here. Jesse and Ryan have a hand in this project as well, both rapidly becoming expert fabricators in their own right. They come from mudding though, so they're not allowed to talk about rock crawling! We have a great team, super capable, turning a project like this into a reality without missing a beat on the daily work. Nice job guys - THANK YOU!

Lance
www.ironpigoffroad.com
DSCN5298.JPG
DSCN5299.JPG
DSCN5302.JPG

Obviously we still have a lot of sheetmetal work to go in order to clean up the merging of the FJ55 with the FJ60.

Here are a couple shots of the 2.5" stainless steel exhaust I TIG'd in yesterday. We use Rod Shop components, they have fabulous sound - all stainless, even the internals - it's really a lifetime exhaust. The mufflers we spec are really nice in that they yield a really throaty sound at idle, like a flowmaster 40 or 60, but quiet down at higher RPM - which makes them far more tolerable during a long day on the trail (or highway).

You can see how high and tight I tucked everything - all above the framerail. (another benefit of the Rod Shop mufflers, they're tubular like OE FJ40 mufflers or glass packs - only better!)

Tomorrow - Skid plate and anti-wrap bar... maybe some wheel wells...

Lance
www.ironpigoffroad.com
DSCN5306.JPG
DSCN5310.JPG

Lookin' good, Lance. Is the old diff "Boar's Head" from Rock Lobster going to be installed?

Keep up the good work and keep those pics coming.

Capt. Jim

Capt. Jim said:
Lookin' good, Lance. Is the old diff "Boar's Head" from Rock Lobster going to be installed?

Keep up the good work and keep those pics coming.

Capt. Jim

It's hanging in the IPOR office... maybe it will get a return trip to GSMTR on the new pig this year!

Lance
www.ironpigoffroad.com

Are you just running a straight pipe for your exhaust? I want to get rid of my huge round muffler in the rear.

that's just a run of the mill project....I wish you would take on a harder project

:grinpimp:

that is simply amazing how the body is grafted onto the original body....or atleast with what was left of it. can't wait to see it in action!
bk

GreenWeeny78 said:
Are you just running a straight pipe for your exhaust? I want to get rid of my huge round muffler in the rear.

No, I'm running one of our MCB 250's. They are just really low profile so it looks like there's no muffler there. They have great sound and are nice and compact so they are easy to tuck up above the frame rails. All stainless steel, inside and out, most people would probably never need to replace this muffler in their lifetime. They run $120, comparable with a quality flowmaster only all stainless.

HTH,

Lance
www.ironpigoffroad.com

IPOR said:
No, I'm running one of our MCB 250's. They are just really low profile so it looks like there's no muffler there. They have great sound and are nice and compact so they are easy to tuck up above the frame rails. All stainless steel, inside and out, most people would probably never need to replace this muffler in their lifetime. They run $120, comparable with a quality flowmaster only all stainless.

HTH,

Lance
www.ironpigoffroad.com

Give me a deal one of those and i'll bend an extra cage on the side for you w/o letting mark know ;) :flipoff2:

Looks great, i'll probably get one of those down the road. My muffler is pretty banged up from picking up a huge branch lying on the ground last september wheeling.

Not good pics, but a couple shots after the trip to Paragon. It went well, had a couple lines and bolts to re-tighten on the trail, but no breakage. Even managed to lay it over onto the side, then back up until it flipped back onto all 4. Pounded rocks and trees into the plating, no damage. Fun ride!

I'll post pics from the trip as soon as I have them.

Lance
www.ironpigoffroad.com
DSCN5323.JPG
DSCN5324.JPG
DSCN5325.JPG

Really cool ride Lance, I hope to see it on the trail someday. However, I probably won't be following you on the trails that thing is capable of!

Sweet stuff, love the pics!

Rezarf <><

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom