Introduction - Izzy's 1992 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi! I recently purchased this project of an FJ80. I've gotten a ton of info from the forums so I figured I should make an account. It's been a fun learning process getting acquainted with the platform and the 3FE.

DEC00095 (1).JPG

IMG_8479.jpg

So far aside from cleaning it out and removing various stickers and additional badges I have done the following.
-New fuel door spring as it was missing
-Rebuilt the rear brakes (never dealt with drums so that was fun)
-New rear wheel studs (4 were snapped off between both sides)
-Hood and hatch struts (old ones were for decoration)
-Upgraded battery cables from Mark G.
-Added stock fusible links (PO removed them and electrical taped wire in place of them)
-Oil change and new fluids also greased every fitting I could find (duh)

I am currently in the process of doing the following things
-Desmog (with the help of a wits' end block off plate, various vacuum caps, and a m26x1.5 bolt to cover the flex pipe hole from exhaust to EGR)
-Cooling system refresh to withstand the AZ summer (Aisin water pump, Aisin fan clutch, thermostat, a bunch of Gates green stripe heater hose and a couple OE form fitted hoses)
-I have some 16 inch Fifteen52 Analog HD wheels waiting for some Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs as soon as I am done with the previously mentioned work

IMG_8639.jpg

Next on the list
-I would like to get the front axle rebuilt (no clicking yet but I'd rather have it done sooner than later)
-It was in a front end collision at some point and needs new inner fenders and a core support to straighten out the front. My eyes are peeled for a good deal

Welcome to the fray!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom