Introduction considering a 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Everything you need to know about the 100 can be found in this forum.

The 100 was my first Toyota after years of Jeep ownership. The thought of learning a new rig was daunting, but mud really helped. My 100 had about 80k more miles on it than the one you are looking at and was a one owner vehicle maintained by Mr.T. You can see what I encountered that first year of ownership in the 'build' thread linked in my signature 👇

Everything you need to know about the 100 can be found in this forum.

The 100 was my first Toyota after years of Jeep ownership. The thought of learning a new rig was daunting, but mud really helped. My 100 had about 80k more miles on it than the one you are looking at and was a one owner vehicle maintained by Mr.T. You can see what I encountered that first year of ownership in the 'build' thread linked in my signature 👇

Much like Brett, I came from lots of other vehicles before owning my first Land Cruiser (FJ60) but this forum was a great understanding and knowledge base for that when the time came. When I jumped from the 60 to the 100 I knew there was going to be a bit of a learning curve (moving from an analog system to a digital, and I HATE electrical) so I had some learning to do. Then add to that moving to an IFS suspension and things get a bit more complicated, but also not. Look at my thread, much like Brett, to see my trails and tribulations I have been going through in the last 7 months of ownership.

I was looking for a 100 series and ended up with a 120 series (GX 470). Im using that one as more of a wife/family car but the guys over in the 120 series tech forum seem to make them beyond capable vehicles if you want to take it in the direction.

Did @IH8CALI ever sell his 100 series?

I still have it, just can't seem to part with it. I said I was going to leave it alone but I have sliders out in the shop and i'm looking for wheels and tires. I may throw those on and leave it for a while or just jump in and go crazy. I'd rather leave it OE and have an 80 for a dedicated trail rig, I just wish I had the time for all the activities!

I was looking for a 100 series and ended up with a 120 series (GX 470). Im using that one as more of a wife/family car but the guys over in the 120 series tech forum seem to make them beyond capable vehicles if you want to take it in the direction.

Yeah the 120s can be VERY capable vehicles, much like the LX, the GX is nothing more than a spruced up 4Runner with a different rear door (and v8).
Check out the guys from CaliFab on instagram. They have a GX they have recently dont a massive long travel system on as well as turned it into kinda a Baja Runner type rig. They do quite a bit of impressive work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom