Introduce Yourself! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got back.

spotted a bunch of cruiserheads on an obstacle on shi*#er trail

pretty nice run and we came across a good size group of ewes and lambs

more pics later

timmer

New / Back in Vegas

Hey all, Josh Marten here, or Flank from Mud.

After a 13 year hiatus in Dallas, i just moved back to Vegas, and am looking to hook up with some cruiserheads. Will try to make a chapter meeting (as soon as I figure out where and when they are they are...need to check FAQ).

Mine is a 95 FZJ, White (the RIGHT color), Mostly stock with some minor aesthetic mods, nothing ground breaking yet, so my first wheeling trips out here will be of the more mild variety. I've just got word from my :princess: that she is up to meeting up with other cruiser families for wheeling / camping. (We have 1 & 3 year old kids).
For longer trips, I have my '53 M101 army trailer on 37" Michelin X tires (American 101, not Canadian).

I'm about a 3-4:banana: guy mechanically, depending on the job and time at hand, and would also like to hook up for wrench days. I have tools, welding equipment, and nitrile gloves. Recently, been working on bolt up spare tire carrier for the stock rear bumper (frame crossmember) of the 80, so that you can can carry the tire without expensive rear bumper, and then remove it for around town when it is not needed. When it is successfull, I would be open to reproducing it if there is interest.

Josh Marten in Henderson
joshmarten@hotmail.com

pm sent to get you on mailing list

Hope to see you on a run ar at a meeting soon

we have changed our meeting place as of late.

Last plan was to meet at Richardo's at Flamingo and Decatur

date and time to remain the same.

timmer

New to this site (or part of the site anyway), been on ih8mud.com for a bit and yotatech before that.

Just sold my 87 4runner and bought a 90 TLC! It's bone stock right now but ordering the HFS lift tomorrow and new donuts after the lift is on...

Got a newborn in the house, month old, so have to wait on the wheeling. Also starting a new business come June so time will be scarce. Can't wait to get out there with you all though! :cheers:

Here is a pic of the old and the new...

twotoys.jpg

Nice LC you have, hope to see you on a trail & at a club meeting

Brian

Here I am been in So Nevada for some time, was the youngest SNLC member back in the 70s alway's owned a TLC have three now a 66 FJ40, 78 FJ55 & a DD 94 FZJ80 the 1966 FJ40 I bought back in the 80s is gitting a frame off right now hope to be on the road by this fall, the FJ55 has lots'a new parts will git on that next :grinpimp: Thanks JC
P1010114.jpg
DSCF0144.jpg

Hello, my name is Greg, and I'm a cruiser-holic. I like talking Dusty into accompanying me on half-baked desert adventures, then listen to him "mentioning" about how long it takes to get all of the dust off of his museum quality '66. I have a 1968 FJ40. After 2 years or so I'm getting comfortable with it. It's pretty reliable now, should be a good winter with lots of DVNP trips planned. Pahrump is southern NV, probably should join up.
rearview.jpg

welcome greg to our site.

I hope you have attened a meeing if not we are meeting at richardo's on decatur at flamingo second tuesday of each month at 6 :30- pm for dinner our meetings usually start around 7:15

I have some new trails I would like to run in late 09 and spring 10.

it would be cool to have you join us for one or more

:cheers:

Hello from Vegas.

I usually wheel with the TTORA crowd but I'm looking to get out with new folks and clubs. I'm currently wheeling a mildly built 03 4Runner but I'm on the lookout for a fairly low mile 100 series Landcruiser as its getting hard to fit the family in the 4Runner. Looking forward to wheeling with and meeting many of you.

Here is a pic from the most recent Hump n Bump.
hump1.jpg

hump2.jpg

thanks for posting up fire guy
Please feel free to post and join us at our next Club meeting next Jan

all the details at www.snlc.org

timmer

Are the club meetings open to anyone, I would like to get to know some people.

Meetings are open to anyone.
Although, it'd be a long Drive from Iowa ;)

1st post. Looking at an early FJ. Was trying to trade a 64 Oldsmobile. Also Looking to get out of my Tacoma lease so I can actaully afford an FJ toy and be able to fix "upgrade" stuff...

Just moved to vegas recently. I have a 72 FJ40 that's still on the east coast but I should be shipping it here soon. I'm in the military and couldn't drive all my vehicles. :) Hope to meet some folks soon

What up SNLC bunch. My name is Craig and I am about to purchase my first Land Cruiser. I currently own a pretty bad ass 2008 FJ Cruiser, but looking for a 60 or 80 series LC. I am looking for a daily driver that I can also set up to join you guys in club outings etc. (anything but rock crawling...too expensive to fix the broken stuff) Can anybody suggest which (60 or 80) might be better for a marginal garage mechanic that likes to get out and see the desert.
Also can you guys reccomend a good honest LC mechanic in Las Vegas?
one more thing, when where does the club meet? web site?

Also can you guys reccomend a good honest LC mechanic in Las Vegas?
Many of the ttora guys go to Brett at Findlay Toyota, his handle is damaged110. He's worked on my 80 and 100 for the past few years and I have no complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom