Introduce Yourself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good morning all! I'm Gavin and back in the Cruiser fam after a 10 year hiatus. I had a '91 FJ80 that had a mild build, but due to lots of reasons, got sold.

As of yesterday, I've got myself a running, driving '76 FJ40, and will be tinkering w it over the next several years and teaching my daughter how to drive a manual soon enough...then my son thereafter.

I'm up in Flag, so if you see either of these vehicles around in town, say hello!
Good to see another 40 in the mix

Good morning all! I'm Gavin and back in the Cruiser fam after a 10 year hiatus. I had a '91 FJ80 that had a mild build, but due to lots of reasons, got sold.

As of yesterday, I've got myself a running, driving '76 FJ40, and will be tinkering w it over the next several years and teaching my daughter how to drive a manual soon enough...then my son thereafter.

I'm up in Flag, so if you see either of these vehicles around in town, say hello!
Saw that for sale last week, looked like a great deal.

Welcome back, Gavin! Good to see another Northman back in the mix. The Tundra is looking good as well👍

Welcome back, Gavin! Good to see another Northman back in the mix. The Tundra is looking good as well👍
Hey man, been a bit! After seeing your rig at the County lot that one evening, my mother now has an OVRLND camper on her truck. See you around town.

Hey Everyone and good morning,
New to the Phoenix area and I purchased my first FJ40 last year. I’ve done some work to it already but know she has a way to go. Actually looking for any recommendations in the area for underbody coating/painting and some body repairs (noticed the backside of my rear bumper is pretty rough). Also if there are any meetups planned I’d love to meet some of y’all! Gary at Toyotek did a lot of the initial work on it and did a great job. Very fair and would recommend him.
DD5FE0B5-416D-4B2C-B602-A7B9FC4FED32.jpeg

New to the Phoenix area and I purchased my first FJ40 last year. I’ve done some work to it already but know she has a way to go. Actually looking for any recommendations in the area for underbody coating/painting and some body repairs (noticed the backside of my rear bumper is pretty rough). Also if there are any meetups planned I’d love to meet some of y’all! Gary at Toyotek did a lot of the initial work on it and did a great job. Very fair and would recommend him.
View attachment 2586887
Beautiful 40!

View attachment 2586887
It has a ways to go??? Where - the Heritage Museum? That 40 looks minty af already!

It has a ways to go??? Where - the Heritage Museum? That 40 looks minty af already!
Haha I wish and thank you. I think the guy I bought it from did a decent resto job but you can tell they cut corners (bondo vs cutting metal out and trying to cover some things where you can see the paint cracking and rust under it). When you look underneath it definitely has some heavy rust in some spots, especially the rear bumper. Actually if anyone has any recommendations to replace that, it’d greatly appreciate it! Also looking for any recommendations in the area for some of the light body work and cleaning/coating the frame, chassis, underside of the body.

Hello everyone! Currently living in socal but will be moving to the Prescott area this summer. used to live in PHX but gota stay away from the heat. I have a 1991 fj80 "the onion" and just wondering how many 80s and others there are in the North az area and how the trails are up there. i will probably be out in that area in the next few weeks again as i am preparing for the move. thanks!

Hello all,
Katie here, chandler based, I just got my second 100 series and have some more time and a better set up now to off road with this one.

Bought it site unseen and was supposed to come with some upgrades(front/rear bumper etc), however after 8 weeks waiting there were some issues with the company so right now it's lifted and sliders only. About to order a front and rear bumper but looking at a nice 16 week lead time on most things.

Great resource here so appreciate it.

IMG_1646.jpg

Hello all,
Katie here, chandler based, I just got my second 100 series and have some more time and a better set up now to off road with this one.

Bought it site unseen and was supposed to come with some upgrades(front/rear bumper etc), however after 8 weeks waiting there were some issues with the company so right now it's lifted and sliders only. About to order a front and rear bumper but looking at a nice 16 week lead time on most things.

Great resource here so appreciate it.

View attachment 2618687

Welcome to the group

Hello all!

We are really very new to the Land Criser world. We bought a Dec 2020 build model 200 silver Land Cruiser with the brown leather interior on 11 March. Our initial goal is to get the LC configured to tow our small very customized 2015 Airstream 23D International Serenity. After many hours reading this forum, we have ordered the Firestone coil spring airbags and a Long Range America 12.5 gallon gasoline tank. We have a Tuson DL 200NE brake controller coming as well. That should get us started on the adventure. The 23D is getting a 3" lift kit for better ground clearance plus disc brakes.

My 2007 Mercedes ML320 CDI turbo diesel died last summer. It had towed the 23D since new. We have finally found a SUV style tow vehicle that would do the easy off road stuff for remote camping. We have lots more to learn about our Land Cruiser capabilities.

Home plate is in Gold Canyon. In the summer, we typically have headed east on US 60 towing our 2014 Airstream 31' Classic with a 201 Ram 2500HD Cummins to get to our summer Airstream only RV park at Lakeside, AZ.

As an older couple (my wife is 71 and I am 76), we did no traveling last summer. We had our second Pfizer Covid shot last week and by 1 April will be confident to start coming out of hibernation.

We think going out into BLM land should be easy for the Land Cruiser.

We are looking forward to meeting kindred spirits.

Hello everyone,

A few years ago I had the desire to get into off-roading/over landing

I work in the auto industry and through my conversations about building a rig I was told by multiple people I respect that a 100 series land cruiser was the rig I should build. I wanted a 70’s bronco or K5.

I got incredibly lucky, I told my wife what I was looking for and two days later she sent me a picture of a 1998 land cruiser for sale in downtown Phoenix - oddly enough it had been for sale on that corner for several weeks and my wife passed it everyday.

it was high mileage and rough. But it was cheap and to be honest I wanted to buy a cheap rig that I could build from the ground up and know that everything was done and done right. This was her when i found her - love at first sight.
859AFB19-C8CD-42A7-869A-386EF365ED47.jpeg

It’s been two years since I bought her and covid was sort of a blessing for this build. I was stuck at home with very little real work to do, so I spent months working on the rig.

This is her now, hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars later. She’s not done and probably never will be, but she’s mine and I have an unspeakable amount of pride in her because I’ve done the work myself and learned a ton along the way.
5ACCA439-D320-49E6-8C72-19A2C750077C.png

Hello everyone,

A few years ago I had the desire to get into off-roading/over landing

I work in the auto industry and through my conversations about building a rig I was told by multiple people I respect that a 100 series land cruiser was the rig I should build. I wanted a 70’s bronco or K5.

I got incredibly lucky, I told my wife what I was looking for and two days later she sent me a picture of a 1998 land cruiser for sale in downtown Phoenix - oddly enough it had been for sale on that corner for several weeks and my wife passed it everyday.

it was high mileage and rough. But it was cheap and to be honest I wanted to buy a cheap rig that I could build from the ground up and know that everything was done and done right. This was her when i found her - love at first sight.
View attachment 2710717

It’s been two years since I bought her and covid was sort of a blessing for this build. I was stuck at home with very little real work to do, so I spent months working on the rig.

This is her now, hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars later. She’s not done and probably never will be, but she’s mine and I have an unspeakable amount of pride in her because I’ve done the work myself and learned a ton along the way.
View attachment 2710718
Welcome! Beautiful!!!!!!! Check out @kelly saad and @RN80

So been lurking on here a while, and I can't tell if I have posted on this thread before- so posting now. here is a pic of my garage.

They are both bone stock. The 07 470 is my wife's and it will never be put off road (according to her), but I am ready to outfit my 99 cruiser. It just turned over 100k this year. If there is anyone in the Phx Metro area (preferably east valley) with a 100 series that is expedition ready, I'd love to come over and chat about yours- I am still trying to decide who to work with (I talked with SDHQ and Desert Rat- both seem like great shops), and what to do. Happy to bring your favorite 6 pack to aid in the convo!

Cheers.

garage.jpg

So been lurking on here a while, and I can't tell if I have posted on this thread before- so posting now. here is a pic of my garage.

They are both bone stock. The 07 470 is my wife's and it will never be put off road (according to her), but I am ready to outfit my 99 cruiser. It just turned over 100k this year. If there is anyone in the Phx Metro area (preferably east valley) with a 100 series that is expedition ready, I'd love to come over and chat about yours- I am still trying to decide who to work with (I talked with SDHQ and Desert Rat- both seem like great shops), and what to do. Happy to bring your favorite 6 pack to aid in the convo!

Cheers.

garage-jpg.2725057

Welcome back! Yes, you posted in this thread before.

Beautiful garage! How many miles on the LX470?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom