Introduce Yourself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi everyone! Brand new to the site and very much enjoying my new GX470. This is my first 4x4 so I have much to learn, always been a small fun car kind of guy. Anyways here's a quick pic of the rig
image0 (15).jpeg

Hello all!
My name is Jason. I live in Peoria. I moved to AZ about a year ago with my family.
I am on my second Land Cruiser- the first being an ‘85 FJ60 that I bought as a young man. I loved that truck! While life was being lived, the strangest thing happened: these two tiny little creatures arrived at my house and began to take up all of our time and money! Sadly my Fj60 fell into other hands while I drove a more “responsible” vehicle.
Fast forward to some years later, those creatures are older now, with one about to enter NAU, and the other not quite old enough to drive. I sold my Tundra and decided that o wanted something fun to drive. I just purchased this 12/90 Fj62. I am very technical in my abilities and I am getting to know this old truck as it slowly reveals itself to me. So far, I have been very happy with the purchase. I found a receipt from a So. Cal Toyota dealership that shows the PO replaced the automatic transmission with a factory unit only 27k miles ago. Certainly confidence-inspiring.

I’ve got a lift kit and aome other goodies on the way to help improve the water bed-like ride! In the mean time, I love my new cruiser. Seems somehow a bit more mature and refined than my 60. Maybe it’s just me.
1712E4E2-F1C2-4E0A-94BC-FF36D905BDB5.jpeg

Hello all!
My name is Jason. I live in Peoria. I moved to AZ about a year ago with my family.
I am on my second Land Cruiser- the first being an ‘85 FJ60 that I bought as a young man. I loved that truck! While life was being lived, the strangest thing happened: these two tiny little creatures arrived at my house and began to take up all of our time and money! Sadly my Fj60 fell into other hands while I drove a more “responsible” vehicle.
Fast forward to some years later, those creatures are older now, with one about to enter NAU, and the other not quite old enough to drive. I sold my Tundra and decided that o wanted something fun to drive. I just purchased this 12/90 Fj62. I am very technical in my abilities and I am getting to know this old truck as it slowly reveals itself to me. So far, I have been very happy with the purchase. I found a receipt from a So. Cal Toyota dealership that shows the PO replaced the automatic transmission with a factory unit only 27k miles ago. Certainly confidence-inspiring.

I’ve got a lift kit and aome other goodies on the way to help improve the water bed-like ride! In the mean time, I love my new cruiser. Seems somehow a bit more mature and refined than my 60. Maybe it’s just me. View attachment 2875602
Welcome

Not sure if this is the right place for this. If not Please accept my apology.
I am desperately searching for a FJ40 that bought new.
I do know it was registered in 07-08 to a gentleman named Travis Lee Wilson....in Phoenix.
Vin# FJ40-306449. Just hoping someone may have some information.
Thank You for reading.

20210719_164208.jpg

Been a Toyota truck nut my whole life. Moved out to AZ in 2016 but just found this AZ specific group on mud. Been looking for some people knowledgeable about trails and camping areas in AZ. Also any experts on 1HDTs.

Great looking truck. How do you like those tires?
Price point was perfect, but honestly not enough miles on them yet to say.
Road noise isn't ridiculous, mpg was already terrible to notice a difference, has done just fine offroad but I ain't hitting no KOH.
The tire shop did have a hard time balancing them with crazy weight amounts across the 5.

Price point was perfect, but honestly not enough miles on them yet to say.
Road noise isn't ridiculous, mpg was already terrible to notice a difference, has done just fine offroad but I ain't hitting no KOH.
The tire shop did have a hard time balancing them with crazy weight amounts across the 5.

I couldn't find a local dealer, where did you source yours from. I emailed the manufacture and they gave me the names of a few wholesale distributors in the PHX valley.

Hi, I’m Scott. I’m located in Gilbert and this is my 2004 Land Cruiser with 163K miles that I bought from the original owner in July 2021. I’ve done 99% of the work on it and Desert Toy in Mesa has helped me with the rest.

How it started…

B0FC3221-9421-477A-8C4A-F7A51A22C24F.jpeg

How it’s going…

5884E95E-67DE-46F6-9182-EE54A7062964.jpeg

CC73D435-2AB5-4C57-9DAF-552E7EC1277B.jpeg

5775298E-E5D0-4594-BB91-107DCDC34EDF.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm John. New to CSC, member #613. Located in Tucson, on the southeast side to town. Looking forward to meeting some fellow cruiser heads and talking Toyotas. Below is a shot of my '94.

IMG_3750.jpeg

Hi,

I'm John. New to CSC, member #613. Located in Tucson, on the southeast side to town. Looking forward to meeting some fellow cruiser heads and talking Toyotas. Below is a shot of my '94.

View attachment 2944080
Hi,
What type of roof rack is that? Rhino?
Do you know if they support a roof top tent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom