Introduce Yourself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Please tell us more about your new Land Cruiser.
I got a 2019 landcruiser.. it had just under 6,000 miles on it when we picked it up a week ago.. My awesome wife let me test crawl control in the front yard.. So I think I am the king of the rednecks here in town now.

20191221_112558.jpg

found my password.. Good Living Gre is me

you might want to send a message to Woody and consolidate your usernames - duplicate names can get you banned, just sayin'

Roger that.. no need for the second one now anyways..

Hi All.
I skipped this earlier I guess.
My name is Jeremy. I’m in Tucson and I’m new to landcruisers.
I picked up my 97 80 series cheap. It was totaled in 2006 but driven until 2018. It had a bad Headgasket. I put in a different engine and swapped the headgasket first.
I’m looking forward to doing runs with you all.

thanks for having me.

4E72A4A6-94C4-4CEB-96C3-897AEF9980DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Greetings everyone. I'm Aaron, my Land Cruiser is a (mostly) stock 1983 FJ40, and I live in Tucson.

My FJ40 has been in my family since the eighties. My late father bought it in the Los Angeles area as a 5-year-old car in 1988 and drove it to the Omaha area in the early nineties shortly before I was born. He was a meticulous owner. Upon his passing in 1997, it was put into storage, where all fluids were drained and mounted on jack stands. In 2010, it was resurrected and driven occasionally by my mother and I for the next eight years only in the spring/summer/fall to avoid the winter salt. Little maintenance was done in that time. In 2018, I assumed the ownership role and had it shipped to Tucson when I moved here for work. I'm very much a rookie when it comes to DIY repairs, but I enjoy driving it every few weeks and am dedicated to learning how to maintain my FJ40.

This forum has been extremely helpful, and I'm excited to join the community.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 11.47.10 PM.png

(photo from Mt. Lemmon)

I looked at it last night at the meet Aaron. Really nice cruiser.

Hey everyone, I’m Dave and I’ve got a ‘65 FJ40 I just finished up after 12-13 years of building. I live NW of Surprise and I’m just looking to meet some other like minded cruiser folks. I’ve had several Tacoma’s and an XJ and used to wheel with the local TTORA chapter back in the day. It was a great group and I’m hoping there’s something like that going on here. The Toyota folks were always just more of a friendly tight knit group than the Jeep people and I miss that. Here’s a pic of Charlotte:

DABC9D92-88EE-4427-8BA6-6B524CDD07B0.jpeg

Good to see an FJ40 brother here. We are getting few and far between. Harder rock crawling has faded some too. If you're looking for some company for a harder trail give me a yell. Im up for a challenge, but not bashing just for bashing. After the furnace is off though. Open top drives go on hold during the summer.
Anyone know anything about this one? Because that looks like a hell of a deal...
FJ60 Toyota Landcruiser 4x4 - Will Trade for Jeep or ATVs
Wow. Too good to be true?
Hey everyone, I’m Dave and I’ve got a ‘65 FJ40 I just finished up after 12-13 years of building. I live NW of Surprise and I’m just looking to meet some other like minded cruiser folks. I’ve had several Tacoma’s and an XJ and used to wheel with the local TTORA chapter back in the day. It was a great group and I’m hoping there’s something like that going on here. The Toyota folks were always just more of a friendly tight knit group than the Jeep people and I miss that. Here’s a pic of Charlotte:

View attachment 2325319

Good to see an FJ40 brother here. We are getting few and far between. Harder rock crawling has faded some too. If you're looking for some company for a harder trail give me a yell. Im up for a challenge, but not bashing just for bashing. After the furnace is off though. Open top drives go on hold during the summer.
I’m in once it cools off for sure, I’m with you, I like a nice technical trail but not really into trashing the rig just because.

I'm back....been a few years doing the family and SXS thing. Son is going off to college and we are selling the toys (Toy Hauler still avail)....Sooooo, we will be picking up a new to us 5th Gen 4runner next week and doing a task specific build for camping and running my birddogs. Look forward to meeting up with some of you up on the North side of town.

Hi everyone! My name is Alex and I live in Tucson.

I have been driving and upgrading my 1985 Toyota pickup for quite a while but recently picked up a 1968 FJ40 to work on.

The FJ40 didn't have an engine and the transmission was frozen up so I am installing a 3F-E, a 4-speed, and doing a disk brake conversion using FJ60 parts.

It is my pandemic project that is keeping me busy.

Hi everyone! My name is Alex and I live in Tucson.

I have been driving and upgrading my 1985 Toyota pickup for quite a while but recently picked up a 1968 FJ40 to work on.

The FJ40 didn't have an engine and the transmission was frozen up so I am installing a 3F-E, a 4-speed, and doing a disk brake conversion using FJ60 parts.

It is my pandemic project that is keeping me busy.

You’re going to need to post up some pics!!
Also. I have a 343 trans (95-97 80series)for sale if you need one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom