introduce yourself and your cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

well i just moved into the Princeton area (closer to osprey lake actually) . i left all my cruiser buddy's behind in kamloops so it looks like i will have to find new ones .

9731_155610938295_521048295_3514561_2902307_n.jpg
Hey nice to see my old 40 still out wheelin' ...wondered where this one ended up :)

I wish it were me. I've got a 1977 FJ40 but it's not a barn find. Would be interested in knowing who it is. Don't know of another cruiser head in this town.
Hi 77cruiser77 there used to be a guy who worked in Enderby lumber yard with a 1977 fj45 around 2000. I remember talking to him and it was a barn find after him and his Dad did some work at a farm. Is that you by any chance?
I think that would be my Father. He used to work at Central Hardware (around 2000) and he had a fj45 for a while. Real cool truck. We are long time Enderby residents and our family has always owned Land Cruiser's for as long as I can remember. I own my own now, 1992 white fj80 and have been on the site for a little bit. Just discovered this local section a few days ago:cheers:.
Here is a pic of my rig after the big snowfall in January last year,
Snowy Fj80.JPG

Hi 77cruiser77 there used to be a guy who worked in Enderby lumber yard with a 1977 fj45 around 2000. I remember talking to him and it was a barn find after him and his Dad did some work at a farm. Is that you by any chance?

I wish it were me. I've got a 1977 FJ40 but it's not a barn find. Would be interested in knowing who it is. Don't know of another cruiser head in this town.

I think that would be my Father. He used to work at Central Hardware (around 2000) and he had a fj45 for a while. Real cool truck. We are long time Enderby residents and our family has always owned Land Cruiser's for as long as I can remember. I own my own now, 1992 white fj80 and have been on the site for a little bit. Just discovered this local section a few days ago:cheers:.
Here is a pic of my rig after the big snowfall in January last year,
View attachment 1184713

Howdy, I am landcruiser80's father. Yes, that would have been me you talked to back in the 2000's. I was the only guy working there at that time who owned Cruisers. The 45 in question is the one in my avatar. Great truck and great find. Here's the find story. In the late 90's my dad informed me of the 45 when he saw it sitting in someones yard in Vernon. He had talked to the owner and he said he was willing to sell. It had been parked for 5 years. I picked it up for $500. I pulled it onto a trailer, took it home, pulled the plugs, filled the cylinders with ATF and let it soak in for a few day, put a battery in and revolved the engine a few times, installed the plugs, fired her up and smoked out the neighborhood, she ran and drove great! I put a locrite in the rear, converted the front brakes to disc, did a SOA converstion, installed 36" swampers, and had whole lot of fun with her. I ended up selling her about 7 or 8 years ago, don't ask why, cause I don't know.

I have owned other Cruisers too. A 73 FJ40, a FJ55 parts wagon, 1996 80 series w/lockers (killed by a moose). I currently own a 1984 BJ60 and a 1972 FJ40. I plan to put the 60's powertrain into the 40. I also have a 1982 Toyota mini short box and a 1948 Willys.

Also, the guy who bought my 45 said he was from Grindrod (just north of Enderby) and that he was going to "restore" the truck. I said, "you do realize this truck has been altered?". He didn't seem to care. Like, when I did the SOA, i also converted the front leaf springs to a custom set I created using some of the leaves from the rear of the parts FJ55 i had, which ended up being 4" longer than stock, which necessitated moving the sping hanger back.

Anyways, I know where there is another 45 that I can pick up for about $500. But it is very shot metal wise. I will only be buying it for the rear axle assy for my 40 build, and then I will part out the rest.

77cruiser77, I've driven by your place many a time and even see you driving your 40 once, just never really had the chance to meet you and say hi yet. This town used to have more Cruiserheads, but it seems they all sold out. But I know a few guys in Salmon Arm who still have theirs and we have wheeled together, but not for a long time.

Great stories, thanks for sharing! :beer:

I have seen a few drive around town and know of a rusty brown 60 series that's been parked for some time

Sounds like we'll need to do a meet sometime in the near future

I had no idea there was a crowd in the north okanagan

I have seen a few drive around town and know of a rusty brown 60 series that's been parked for some time

Sounds like we'll need to do a meet sometime in the near future

I had no idea there was a crowd in the north okanagan

That might be my rusty brown 60 you've seen, lol. She looks like swiss cheese, but runs like a swiss watch.

Just found this area of the Forum. Nice to see!
Im in Kamloops and bought a worn out beast last year for a learning experience, my 1981 BJ60.

20151220_124524.jpg

Haven't got to drive her much yet..... Too many repairs! But I am learning about everything on The Beast;). (Anyone got a 3b cylinder head they dont need or know a good source?)

Check out my build thread!
Finally Bought my first CRUISER!

Cheers
:beer:

Just found this area of the Forum. Nice to see!
Im in Kamloops and bought a worn out beast last year for a learning experience, my 1981 BJ60.

View attachment 1268689

Haven't got to drive her much yet..... Too many repairs! But I am learning about everything on The Beast;). (Anyone got a 3b cylinder head they dont need or know a good source?)

Check out my build thread!
Finally Bought my first CRUISER!

Cheers
:beer:
welcome!

84 BJ42, Aquala tub.
Currently Have both heaters torn apart, flushing cores, and installing new foam. Should have done this in the summer, duh!

IMG_1876.JPG

Excellent looking BJ42. I caution you driving it in the winter, there's not many BJ42 left on the roads let alone an 84 in that condition.

What's it's story? Specs? Does it have factory AC, PS, and a 5 speed?

It is Canadian BJ42, factory 5 speed, power steering. No a/c, only the highly efficient kick vents

I purchased it from the PO last summer. I have owned four now including this one. Two BJ40's and my first original 1984 BJ42 that i purchased brand new from the Toyota dealership in 1985. That 42 was identical in colour and specs to this one. I have been looking for a number of years to find one to replace the original that I never should have sold. This one is not perfect. I'm working on some fittment issues with the doors, and other stuff that keeps me busy improving it and happy to have one again!

Just picked up a 92 HDJ81. Located up the mountain east of Kelowna. Looking to join the cruiser family and gain some knowledge from all the folks on here.

IMG_0565.JPG

Hey, names Jason and as my parents are in West Kelowna I'm often visiting the area from Edmonton. Current vehicle is a 92 HDJ81 named 'Vibe.' 2.5" OME lift and 35" MT's. Looking to wheel some trails while we are here.

Can anyone comment on the Rose Valley, Peachland/Silver Lakes, or Bear Creek OHV Loops?

Hi everyone. My family and I are in the process of relocating from Calgary to the Okanagan. I’ve been involved in the RMLCA for over a decade and will be looking for some cruiser heads to hang out with when we settle in.

40139917-7934-4440-B1CF-495AA244AED3.jpeg

E8291CD3-3D36-4371-A7CC-903C244B6563.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom