introduce yourself and your cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Guys.

My cruiser came about in May 2013. I work at Penticton Toyota and I believe it was a buy in. But what a wreck. It was bought new in the USA and moved straight to Prince George where it spent its first 9 years pretty much used and abused and put away wet. You name it and it was either broken, worn out, smashed, rusted off or falling off. January 2nd 2014 I bought it and spent a month getting it road worthy, put an Old Man Emu suspension lift in it and a set of 33" BFG All Terrain. Did some bodywork and installed a removable Warn Zeon 10s winch. Its mainly my snowmobile hauler and the occasional fun 4x4 day bush truck. My daily driver is a 2012 Highlander Hybrid. I'll post pictures later.

we are going to need pics. After all we don't even know what type of land cruiser you own.

Sounds like a J80 gasser

Howdy to all. Located in Coldstream (next door to Vernon). Mtn Goat is a '90 FJ62 waiting patiently for a 2H transplant. Has been very happy with the H55 guts the last two years though! Up for exploring in the Okanagan and SE area. Here are few photos above Kalamalka Lk about a week ago.
IMG_8079.JPG
IMG_8061.JPG
IMG_8076.JPG

Thanks. Diesel is sitting in '87 HJ60 donor that has been in the family since almost new. Spent its life on the south coast, but the rust eventually ate the frame and sheet metal :(. Looking forward to more than 300km between fills, that's for sure!

Hi everyone. My name is Darren. I know a few people around here from the 4wdabc. Seeing thier diesel cruisers is what got me interested in owning one. I particularily liked the MWB 70 series cruisers and the first one I looked at was in my price range and seemed to be in good condition so I scooped it up. I haven't used it a lot yet but so far so good.

1989 BJ74. 13bt automatic. Basic model, basic options. 186,500kms.

My name is Travis, my family and I just moved to Vernon and we are looking for family friendly weekend trips. I have a 2007 Fj Cruiser with a 3 inch Rough Country lift, 285/70 R17 BFG AT's and a All Pro-Offroad Front Bumper. More mods to come.
Cheers
Travis

photo.JPG

P8150010.JPG

P8150013.JPG

Hi Darren & Travis. Good to have you here. Darren - where are you based? Darren - I'm in Coldstream, and the 60 doesn't see a lot of winter action, but let me know if you want to head out sometime.
Franz

Sorry, last line should ahve read Travis, but Darren the invite is open to you as well!
f

We have started a Facebook page called North Okanagan 4x4 check it out, we are hoping to help arrange local rides and meet new people.
Cheers
Travis

Hi Darren & Travis. Good to have you here. Darren - where are you based? Darren - I'm in Coldstream, and the 60 doesn't see a lot of winter action, but let me know if you want to head out sometime.
Franz

Hi Franz. I'm based out of Kelowna. I'm pretty sure I met you in Mission at a Cruiser Days a couple years back. I organize trail runs around the Okanagan for the 4wdabc - will do some up Vernon way in 2015. Keep an eye on the 4wdabc forum too :)

updated truck pic just cause ;)

Hello My name is Kevin and live in West Kelowna, I have owned my 1978 FJ40 Chevota for 25 years, The only thing i have done to it is put the 350 into it 20+ years ago. The body is made of old alum stop signs and has been parked for the last two years because i was getting sick of the electrical shorts LOL. Anyways put 2 kids through hockey, soccer , baseball, basketball and finally college with one to go (grade 12) but my monie is my monie again and ready to start working on it to get it back on the road again. I will post pictures when i get back from work

Hi 77cruiser77 there used to be a guy who worked in Enderby lumber yard with a 1977 fj45 around 2000. I remember talking to him and it was a barn find after him and his Dad did some work at a farm. Is that you by any chance?

I wish it were me. I've got a 1977 FJ40 but it's not a barn find. Would be interested in knowing who it is. Don't know of another cruiser head in this town.

well i just moved into the Princeton area (closer to osprey lake actually) . i left all my cruiser buddy's behind in kamloops so it looks like i will have to find new ones .

9731_155610938295_521048295_3514561_2902307_n.jpg
Hey nice to see my old 40 still out wheelin' ...wondered where this one ended up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom