introduce yourself and your cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

North OK Cruiser fan

Hi All,

My hubby and I have had an FZJ80 for a few years, and just purchased a run down (but still surviving) BJ60 from a neighbor a few weeks ago. Despite the rust and a few minor problems with the exhaust and some electrical it has already proven to be a realiable truck and is our first experience with a diesel. I've put my faith in it enough that I am already driving it daily between Armstrong and Salmon Arm every day. We had visited IH8MUD before, but with the new (old) truck will soon become regulars.

We've seen some awesome Cruisers in our travels but had no idea there was a club so close by. In fact I think we may have seen pathfinder_88 today on the highway between Kelowna and Vernon? We were on our way to the Connector to test out the old bird, but the hills proved to be too much, she needs a new rad so we decided to head back before she overheated.

We don't get out anywhere near as much as we'd like, spending most of our time travelling on local FSR's like Mt. Ida, Noisy Creek and 3 Valley. Do you guys ever get out this way? We'd really be interested in joining up for some group travels, gets really boring being the only Cruiser in the bush around here.

He're a couple of pics of the 80 on recent trips to Idaho Peak in the Kootenays and Mt Mara near Mabel Lake. No pics of the BJ60 yet...
Mt Mara rear view.jpg
Idaho Peak Cruiser.jpg

Excelent...another 80.

Welcome to MUD, and welcome to the club. Great to have members patroling our northern flank. Keep checking this board for our next group meeting.

Hellooooo! I am a Cruiser interlopper who was born and raised in Princeton but drives a Safari. :D Of course, the important stuff is I like beer - especially now that I have found Tree Pale Ale. I'm a member of the Coastal Cruisers living in Abby and hope to be able to come and be a CC spy at some of your meetings. I get up to Princeton every once in a while and am often passing through at 110 trying to get to a meeting on time. I am glad that most wheelers from the Coast only do the Whipsaw leaving me thousands of kms of trails to myself. In reality, I usually end up fixing stuff at my mom's house and am lucky to get out for a short wheel near town.

Good on ya Simon for getting this going. :beer:

Pic from 2 years ago. I'll likely be up in April and we'll have to find some spring break-up trails or some early ice-off fishing.

I am sure the owner of the Cruiser in this pic has a better pic to intro himself.

2174880369_e62a000e01.jpg
what are the racks in your picture?

Hello everyone! New guy to the site. I am totally Cruiser crazy and want to go wheeling. My truck will be back on the road soon. I would also like to find out what is going on locally here in Kelowna as far as clubs go. We as wheelers are sort of getting a bad name and I want to work on changing that. Drop me a line and let me know! I tryyed to upload a shot of my Cruiser but I am over my Kb alotment? I will change that 'cuz I wanna show off my girl.

I see them on most of the JDM (Import) Cruisers, so I'm assuming thier native to Japan. You can ask CanuckSafari. Look for him in the CoastalCruiser Clubhouse or send him a Private message.

Hello everyone! New guy to the site. I am totally Cruiser crazy and want to go wheeling. My truck will be back on the road soon. I would also like to find out what is going on locally here in Kelowna as far as clubs go. We as wheelers are sort of getting a bad name and I want to work on changing that. Drop me a line and let me know! I tryyed to upload a shot of my Cruiser but I am over my Kb alotment? I will change that 'cuz I wanna show off my girl.

Welcome Newbie...

Pictures are really appreciated - That's half the fun with these forums. I noticed you didn't post up any details of your cruiser (Model/Make/Tire etc).

Try resizing your pics before posting. (I've never had to - Mud seems to automaticaly do it).

Watch this clubhouse for upcoming runs... (I think we've had more beer gatherings than runs though ...:whoops:)

Post up some areas you'd like to explore and see what happens.

:cheers:

'Cruiser dudes and gals are some of the best people to drink beer with. I will definetly share some info on my rig when I can post some pics. Build some suspense.

Well first things first. My 'Cruiser does not like mudbogging, or destroying meadows. I am well behaved offroad because I believe we are all embassadors of our sport and must conduct ourselves accordingly.

Anyways, it started with an aluminium tub as the fender wells were toast. Once I had the steel tub off, I thought I should clean up the frame. Famous last words. So I went frame off. Built the 305 that came in it and undid some nasty spring perches from PO. Then, I decided BIGGER!

1976 FJ-40 Mostly aluminum body, four link suspension, coils and Rancho shocks.

454 .30 over, air gap intake fully rollerized, 800 cfm double pumper, electric fuel pump, MSD 6 box and blaster SS coil. ( thanks for all the grief Accel) aluminum rad, block hugger headers and 2.5 exhaust. Hydro-boost brake booster 465/twin sticked 205 1410 yokes and u joints turning 456's in d60f/14br. Bead locked 44' boggers. RCI seats, five points, and fuel cell.
I went with white steel rims and one solid colour because I love the classic '40 look. It was originally mustard yellow and I sort of wish I went that route. But I love the orange. ( Were '40s available in pumpkin orange? Or is that a myth?) This is my 3rd '40. And in hind site I wish I had kept 'em all.
I love 'Cruisers, and talkin' Cruisers, and workin' on Cruisers. And glad to have a site like Mud to get a fix when I need one. Lets go wheeling! ( Well soon.)
Landcruiser 022.jpg

Last edited:
There was a pumpkin orange in 1978 only I believe. My BJ42 is orange but not a factory orange.

That is a NICE truck. :cheers:

They are all nice trucks! I have a few bugs to work out. I am waiting get my Be Cool rad from Mopac. The flexalite one I used the first time is toast. I can not wait to get back on the road, and off the road!

Yes, they are a JDM rack. Some say they are OEM. However, I think they are aftermarket that are just stamped accordingly. I have seen the same "stock" racks stamped "Nissan" "Toyota" and "Mitsubishi". I currently have another one which is full length African Safari style with a hatch so you can access the rack via the sun roof. But first I have to get around to figuring out why my sun roof stopped working. :eek:

well i just moved into the Princeton area (closer to osprey lake actually) . i left all my cruiser buddy's behind in kamloops so it looks like i will have to find new ones .

9731_155610938295_521048295_3514561_2902307_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hello from Vernon, BC!.

Hi everyone, i finally found this part of the fourm after looking aimlessly for 2 hours :eek: (Thanks Antarctican).. I just picked up this 2007 FJ in September and i love it!. I was looking at an older BJ40 but it didnt make sense for me to get one because i drive so much for work :frown:. I still wanted to be part of the FJ family so i found this one at the right price!. Someday i will get my BJ40 :D. O yea.. I got the 4WD 6spd version as-well, just finished the blackout mod 2 days ago!. Look forward to meeting all the locals.

IMGP7480.jpg

IMGP7483.jpg

IMGP7488.jpg

Gold Boy lost in the hills?

I haven't seen Simon (aka Gold Boy) post in a long time. Anyone see him around lately? Last time anyone mentioned his name was early this spring when Charles (Cruiser_guy) said he was going to drop in and see him on his way back to Cranbrook. Not sure if they ever connected because Charles soon took off to Africa again.

We are in West Kelowna and we have a 99 UZJ100 that is the family hauler. We would love to get together with other Toyota 4x4 owners to swap stories, drink beers and wheel. Just moved to the valley this summer from Sask.
25 09 2011 013.jpg

I haven't seen Simon (aka Gold Boy) post in a long time. Anyone see him around lately? Last time anyone mentioned his name was early this spring when Charles (Cruiser_guy) said he was going to drop in and see him on his way back to Cranbrook. Not sure if they ever connected because Charles soon took off to Africa again.

I bumped the "where is goldboy" thread a couple of times in chat last spring with no results......I suspect he is back in the UK.

I bumped the "where is goldboy" thread a couple of times in chat last spring with no results......I suspect he is back in the UK.

Kind of strange his complete disappearance. The UK has internet even if they don't have proper football. He was pretty regular on MUD. Hope nothing bad happened.

Hi
It is good to see a local club, I have been lurking on mud for years but was unaware of this chapter till recently. I grew up and live on farm in Penticton. My truck is a white '92 80 that is currently stock other than front bumper and tires and wheels, how ever it is about to be pulled off the road for a 4bd1t, h55 swap. Hope to meet more of you soon

Hey there,
so as a young kid my parents had a bj60 year?? but i loved it one day it was rolled, the lid caved in, sat in the yard for about 6 years my old man said that it was mine to do with what i chose,vehicle would start cold after 3 months of sitting few turn overs 264xxx km on a diesel engine. well the time came were i had to sell it and sadly i gave it away for 500 $ 16years old seemed decent but now i have my JDM BJ74 13BT just put 265/on 16 BFG A/T nice on the dry but the mud is a no go for these girls.

would like to find some locals to wheel with let me know

matt

zz.jpg

zz.jpg

Hi Matt, it was nice to run into you. In muck like that a winch and wide mud tires. 33 x 12.50 would suite that rig nicely

also noticed your A/T. Were they BFG? they were a nice tire to me and lasted many many miles but I don't think I've ever experienced any other tire that performed so poorly in the mud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom