Intermittent wipers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Engineer8000

CAPE FEAR ELECTRONICS
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I've been working on this interval wiper project for a while and am looking for some feedback. There are a few different options. I'm looking for some feedback on the most popular option to offer first.

Option 1 would be using your existing wiper switch. The low speed would be a variable speed setting, adjusted using the washer contact. The idea being you would pull the switch to low then turn the switch to the washer position for the time you wish the interval to be. The 2nd position would be the standard Hi speed.

Option 2 would be essentially the same, only using the 3 speed switch from the later 40s. The first pull would be intermittent with adjustable interval as described above. Position 2 and 3 would be the standard lo and hi speeds This option would cost more because of the 3 speed switch.

Option 3 would be like option 2, only with a fixed or continuously variable interval, you would have to find a place to mount the variable interval control pot.

This controller would plug into the wiper switch then into the wiring harness. A B+ wire would need to be connected to the wiper fuse.

I like Option 2 followed by Option 3. Good luck and hope this comes to market.

I like option 2 as well. Would definitely be nice up here in the PNW where it rains half of each year.

Unfortunately I am stuck using option 4; OEM switch and Rain X on the windshield. 🥴

Last edited:
Would the washer still function with option 1?

Would option 2 require wiper switch 84652-60330? I don’t think those are easy (cheap) to get.

Last big attempt.

Last edited:
Good questions. The washer continues to work for all options, it is also used to program the delay. The 3 speed wiper switch is available used in a limited supply. The heart of the intermittent wiper function is available new and is a standard feature on some cars.

Option 1, using the original switch, would be preferred. Anything requiring a NLA switch would be a non-starter.

This would be really cool if you could figure it out. Can’t tell you how much have wished for a solution. Like option 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom