Intermittent Pulsing while braking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The other day my brakes started pulsing as if the rotors are warped. To me this usually indicates it's time to do the brakes, turn or replace the rotors and move on. However, the pulsing while braking doesn't happen every time, which leads me to believe it could be coming from somewhere else, master cylinder possibly. Has anyone else experienced this?

Additionally my car pulls to the left slightly while braking, would it be a good idea to replace calipers while I'm doing the job? Spendy but I want it to last another 20+years

Sounds like the brakes to me. The pulling is generally because one rotor is warped unevenly, and the pulsating may vary depending on how hot/cold the brakes are. I wouldn’t go straight to the master cylinder yet.

good point. Maybe I’ll start with rotors&pads and go from there.

Stuck pistons in the rear on these typical floating cheapies.

In my case at least. That was one time with a nice rebuilt, I was surprised.

Calipers are not too spendy relatively speaking. Replaced all four on my '99 a couple of years ago, easy peezy. Get the Eclipse (Oem Toyota Reman) from Napa. They are probably around $60 each. If not calipers, would do a bearing service if you haven't recently- another likely source of these symptoms.

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone’s input. I just ordered rotors/pads/calipers/wheel bearings. Going to be an expensive December......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom