Interior roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im am curious if anyone here ever mounted anything on the inside of the roof in their cruiser'. I'm thinking about mounting amplifiers on the ceiling to save the little space I have in the LX. They weigh about 100lbs combined. I didn't want to use the rear storage or pockets for this because I needed that space for something else.

Im am curious if anyone here ever mounted anything on the inside of the roof in their cruiser'. I'm thinking about mounting amplifiers on the ceiling to save the little space I have in the LX. They weigh about 100lbs combined. I didn't want to use the rear storage or pockets for this because I needed that space for something else.
BAD IDEA!!!

keep the weight closer to the chassis and don't mount things where it can possibly dislodge and hit someone on the head!

The attic rack link above is super easy to do, but I would not use it for your application.

Personally, I want heavy stuff securely fastened down low. If a 50lb amp broke free from the roof during a 60mph collision you would have a big problem.

image.jpeg
A baby crib mattress frame fits perfectly.

I kind of figured that. I guess they will be on the floor then. Just need to change up things.

I did this "soft style" attic from one of the spiderweb roof rack nets. We sleep in the truck, so it's a good place to stuff extra clothing, etc when getting ready at night, plus not banging your head on a metal attic. I use it for outerwear to keep it handy, but also to air out bedding during the day.

CurtainNet6.jpg

Being soft and flexible also let's it sit farther forward so we can take advantage of the extra headroom in the back part of the cabin.

It's supported by the green bungee going around the top of the cabin that we use for hanging our curtains.

I only keep soft stuff in my attic rack, blankets, towels, spare clothes etc...

100lbs of amplifiers? Wtf, dude?

All the good ones are heavy.

Yeah s*** dude what amps are you running?? Even the old school PG amps weren't that heavy. lol.

Xtant amplifiers 2-4180c , 2-1001D. Just a simple stereo. 2 sets of components MB Quarts and a 10inch where the center console is. Also have to take account for wiring and additional processors( I have a electronics fetish). Have to wait for install until I make my decision on body damage caused by Michigan salt. I'm into stealth installations so I using most of the unused space that I can. When going stealth, you have to much sure cooling in addressed. You can use fans but that would be too easy.

Last edited:
Wow! Just make sure you bolt down everything!! I have a 2000 watt inverter mounted on a 1/8" plate and the plate started to fatigue on the tabs! The inverter weighs 27lbs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom