Interesting Re-Gear… Hmm. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Markuson

SILVER Star
Threads
This solution is interesting, as it leaves your internals untouched. This is Tacoma, but I can’t think of anything stopping such an option for others.
Anyone familiar?

PS. Seems like some serious added bulk to a tight wheel well space…

Last edited:
74Weld supposedly has a 200 series kit in development. Another option is Werewolf out of the Ukraine. I think the 74Weld is a 22% gear reduction and the Werewolf is 35% gear reduction. There's a pretty big portal axle thread somewhere fairly recent

Curious how the added weight effects performance on shock/coil-over response…over and above increased weight of larger tires already.

It does add quite a bit of unsprung weight. I'm no expert on how that effects things but I've always heard to reduce unsprung weight.
Scrub radius is another thing I believe is going to change quite a bit with adding portals. I could be wrong though.

It does add quite a bit of unsprung weight. I'm no expert on how that effects things but I've always heard to reduce unsprung weight.
Scrub radius is another thing I believe is going to change quite a bit with adding portals. I could be wrong though.
The solution to offset the added scrub radius is bigger tires. Much much bigger tires…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom