Interchangability of Hubs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have just transplanted a BJ70 front axle into my FJ40 to get disks, PS and cable locker and i was just pulling the old assembly to pieces to recover spare CVs etc.

My question is are Drum front hubs interchangeable with disk hubs? and are the also similar to FF rear hubs. Its that i would hate to chuck the surplus parts only to find that they would have fitted.

Cheers
Tony

Not sure from the BJ70's but the hubs from my drum axle are coarse spline and the newer ones are fine spline so they are not interchangeable.

I can't vouch for the hubs... but all non-US trucks '75 and newer, I've seen, had fine spline birfs, disc spindles and asin locking hubs using drum brakes.....but by just lookn at the hub, sure looked the same...

I can't vouch for the hubs... but all non-US trucks '75 and newer, I've seen, had fine spline birfs, disc spindles and asin locking hubs using drum brakes.....but by just lookn at the hub, sure looked the same...

Many Asin hubs look the same, including IFS toy trucks and Sammy's.
The difference is the splines on the clutch ring inside. Bobby Long makes a replacment clutch ring that will convert most Asin hubs to work with fine spline birfields.

Lots of axel information in the

FAQ's<-----LINK

Thanks for the responses guys.

Its a 82 FJ40 so has fine splines etc, i am not to concerned with the free wheeling hubs as they are the same, i am more interested in the actual wheel hub (the bit the wheel bearings sit in).

As i believe the spindles and bearings are the same i guess the important bit is if the flange the drum/disk fits to is the same backspacing, thickness etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom