intake/exaust manifold gasket replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.hraddesigns.com
OK I have got the whole assembly off and broke no bolts on the head. F@%k Yha! But I did break a couple on the exaust flange and intake to exaust and the pretty much all the bolts a f-d up. Where can I get a whole new bolt set up they look very specific so I doubt I can go to my local bolt store. ARP sell kits or toyota maybe? Any tips in reassembly?
Thanks and cheers
Mo.

Go to SOR's website and go to page 043. They have everything you need to get the job done.

Get the bolts you need from SOR, but you need to look into buying your gasket from a company called Remflex. They make an amazing product!! The gaskets have 50% crush, there is no way you can have a leak with it!! Just awesome. When you order from them you get the main exhaust/intake gasket, and a heat riser gasket also.

Check them out.

REMFLEX Exhaust Gaskets: Home Page

later
Ryan

Get the bolts you need from SOR, but you need to look into buying your gasket from a company called Remflex. They make an amazing product!! The gaskets have 50% crush, there is no way you can have a leak with it!! Just awesome. When you order from them you get the main exhaust/intake gasket, and a heat riser gasket also.

Check them out.

REMFLEX Exhaust Gaskets: Home Page

later
Ryan

X2 - Remflex!

Felpro gaskets and hardware store bolts do the trick!

THere is even a remflex gasket set for sale in the parts section.

later
Ryan

Just remember to re-torque the bolts after your first couple tanks of gas.

On my 55, I'm doing the intake gasket, and am deciding between the Felpro and Remflex....I like the Remflex, but was looking at the Felpro also, but I need the gasket that goes on the smaller pipe flange that runs under the manifold and is part of the EGR system. That gasket doesn't look to be part of the Felpro kit, but does that come with the Remflex kit? On the Remflex site, it says that it is a 6 piece set, but doesn't specify what exact gaskets are in the kit.

Thanks

I've done both the Remflex and the Felpro. Both failed and I ended up going back to a new OEM gasket with the metal fire rings in it. I tried with the Remflex, even took it to Stan's Headers in Auburn thinking I was the problem. After the second Remflex, drove the mile up Auburn Way and went to Doxon Toyota and bought the OEM one. Stan's Headers used to be one of the largest resellers/users of Remflex but too many leaky gaskets turned them away. I will say, many others have had positive experiences with them, I'm not one of them.

The Toyota OEM gasket worked perfectly the first time. I'm of the mind that it was engineered to do that and I'm leaning more to trusting OEM with whatever I need to replace on the LC (pending availability).

If you're set on using Remflex, they're located in Mineral Lake, WA and shipping is very quick. Good luck!

On my 55, I'm doing the intake gasket, and am deciding between the Felpro and Remflex....I like the Remflex, but was looking at the Felpro also, but I need the gasket that goes on the smaller pipe flange that runs under the manifold and is part of the EGR system. That gasket doesn't look to be part of the Felpro kit, but does that come with the Remflex kit? On the Remflex site, it says that it is a 6 piece set, but doesn't specify what exact gaskets are in the kit.

Thanks

I think the gasket you're looking for comes in the Remflex kit, at least it did in my kit for my "40. If I remember correctly, it had the exhaust manifold, 2 gaskets for the mating of the exhaust to the intake, 2 or 3 egr port type gaskets.

Have the head mating surface (while both manifolds are still bolted together) milled at your local machine shop. Then use a Fel-Pro or OEM gasket. This is the correct way to do it. You will sleep better at night.

Last edited:
you can get the hardware from Toyota as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom