Ink Stain removal?

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by azvrod, Mar 4, 2007.

1. azvrod

azvrod

Hi there, anybody have a miracle cure for removing ink stains from the plastic/vinyl dash? I accidentally made a small mark with a permanent marker on my dash, and Ill be damned if it doesnt appear to be permament :doh: ! Ive tried Goof-Off, several leather and vinyl cleaners and it just seemed to smear it and dull it, now it just looks like a grease stain, but its one of those things thats going to drive me crazy. Any suggestions?

Kevin

2. extremetoy1

extremetoy1

beleive it or not hair spray will remove it out of cloth...maybe try it?

3. The Ox

The Ox

Media:
    Albums:
    did you try isopropyl alcohol?

4. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

I know brake cleaner takes it off some plastic boxes I use, without damage. Do NOT try this on a dash without a trial first someplace hidden and then at your own risk anyway.... :)

5. azvrod

azvrod

Tried the alcohol, didnt work. Ill try the hairspray and brake cleaner, Thanks!

6. Jim_Chow

Jim_Chow

Acetone will generally remove magic markers, but it might dissolve plastic, too. Again, test on an inconspicuous area.

7. Albi

Albi

I've used this product successfully on a leather couch. I was able to remove a 4 inch ink mark. It takes patience as the ink lifter works slowly. Afterward I used the leather conditioner from the same company to re-condition the leather where the ink stain was. The ink lifter leaves a dull area after use. I was very happy with the results. However I am not sure if it will work on a dash.

http://www.leatherworldtech.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=LMIK08

8. donco

donco

I keep a jug of this at home & it works on almost anything, including permanent marker. The stuff is amazing & it's non-toxic & is safe to use on anything that's safe to wipe with water.

http://www.bluegoldcleaners.com/cleaner.htm

Last time I bought some it was $18 for a 1-gal jug and dilutes 1 part solution/8 parts water for general cleaning. For ink, I use it full strength with a damp washcloth. Their 1-800 should direct you to a local dealer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.