Indoor & Outdoor Temp Gauge Display (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was wondering if there are any common "issues" with the temp gauge display in the top dash pod... The readout on mine has gone dark. I'm the kinda man that enjoys knowing what the temp is outside :)

If yours has died you could upgrade with some aviation equipment:

Davtron
307FCE__55020.1577063256.jpg

Screenshot_20200110-135316_Opera.jpg

Looks like it is no longer available.

Did you check for a broken wire etc?

Just move down South where we only have 3 temperatures.
#1 ...... Cool (late Fall, Winter & early Spring)
#2 ...... Hot (early Fall / late Spring)
#3 ...... Damn Hot (rest of the year)

Hello,

Rather than a dead display, the cause might be a broken wire, faulty grounding or a loose sensor.

Toyota's electric systems usually have a component, apart from the circuit fuse, that fails before more complex parts suffer damage.

If I remember correctly, the outside temperature sensor is in the lower front grille. The inside temperature sensor lives in the roof liner above the front seat.

You should check the sensors, the fuses and electrical continuity. Wiring becomes brittle with age. However, chances are the display is still alive.

Last but not least, if Partsouq does not have it, it does not mean it is not available elsewhere. Some stuff is long discontinued but it can still be sourced from other vendors. And there are wreckers around when everything else fails.

Juan

I have the dual temperature / elevation display pod on my '93 PZJ75; the elevation works, but the temperature sensors start out reading E and then slowly progress to -21. I disassembled and checked the solders and electrical connections; it appears both of my sensors are missing and cannot locate the harness connectors for them. According to PartSouq.... both sensors are no longer available and I havent had any luck locating them. Still periodically check back with different parts sources....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom