In Alberta and driving a JDM ? Read! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The day the 10 year rule comes into affect is the day I give up my Canadian Citizenship and say F you Canada. I will be gone and not think twice. I'm not driving this new garbage my Tacoma is a POS.

Unconventional Vehicles Working Group (the fight is international)
http://www.aamva.org/aamva/DocumentDisplay.aspx?id={D5961A7E-4503-4E51-949D-D7779B6BE21E}

so far i can not find that article i read in 2008 about the 10 year elimination plan but i did read it and as i get more time i will search deeper. i would not be surprised if it is hidden behind 'locked doors' since it would be very conversial if more people knew about it. but this is a good example of how they will go about it:
cash for clunkers:
CANADIAN AUTOMOBILE DEALERS ASSOCIATION (CADA) | Canadians deserve financial incentives to scrap older, higher-Emitting Vehicles
Canada to Cull Clunkers with Taxpayers' Money | The Truth About Cars

interesting, new cars need to pass 75 ppm emissions test but 10 year old vehicles have to pass 50 ppm emissions test to be relicensed on the roadways:
Environment Canada - Government gets tough on smog-forming air pollution: Canada 's New National Vehicle Scrappage Program

how voting works in the CCMTA:
http://www.ccmta.ca/english/pdf/consensusmodel.pdf

small highjack !
i signed all the HST petitions i have seen even joined the facebook page

wow how come your shaw bill is so huge .what are you paying for
no HST showing on my bill yet. my bill for high speed and cable T.V. is only $76.00
have you checked your actual bandwith speed .i am curious to no what speeds you are getting how fast is extreme ?
i test mine here i am only paying for high speed and it pulls down 12.75 MB
really crappy upload speed .86 mb
Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

High Jack over jake out RHD sucks :flipoff2: Just Joking i will sign anything you guys need me too :lol:

CANUKS

I see that alot of folks gripe , But most don't even want to sign against the HST in BC.

Im out every sunday 9-3 just for this.
Here is my new Shaw internet bill. 20.00 bucks in taxes . WTF,

Have a look Canada.. Plus ICBC is know to makes it's own rules.

I hold a licence with there stuff, (as good as they want it) ..

And there working on just that. No RHD's.

You guys need to hire a professional lobbyist, check into it - all groups in the states have lobbyists and they get results. Otherwise your effort is spread too thin.

The laundry matt owners assn has a pro lobbyist, they are successfully keeping the US government from changing coins (it costs 9 cents to make a nickel and 2 cents to make a penny), to have to rejig the laundry machines would costs zillions (so the lobbyist says).

No lawyer can get the same results as a lobbyist - and no court action (=time) needed.

Louis

I hope that all those who are not a part of IVOAC will join and help fight this.

The IVOAC and the boys in Quebec are fighting and this will in turn help every other Province so support them, check out the following link and donate!

:clap:IVOAC.ca Forums

I spoke to the local ICBC mid-island supervisor here on Vancouver Island recently and he had quite a hate on for RHDs. He, and the ICBC repair center downtown told me that they simply write them off if they are involved in accidents now. "Be careful" was his warning. Meaning if I was invloved in an accident n the future, I'd likely lose my rig.

I spoke to the local ICBC mid-island supervisor here on Vancouver Island recently and he had quite a hate on for RHDs. He, and the ICBC repair center downtown told me that they simply write them off if they are involved in accidents now. "Be careful" was his warning. Meaning if I was invloved in an accident n the future, I'd likely lose my rig.

I would love to have something like that on the record - recorded voice or better yet video. Ask him if he would like to make an official statement.

For the record, they may have a monopoly, but they can not just write off a vehicle without you agreeing to it. F'in pencil pushers think they are God and love to intimidate people to get what they want. If anybody is told by ICBC that their vehicle is a write off, then get an independent repair estimate and demand that the vehicle gets fixed. The parts in most cases are available - many easily available. Remind them that you are the client and you pay their wages.

it is true, pencil pushers work for the client as it is the client that writes the cheque.

not the other way around.

Power Trip Twits.

In BC we don't have a choice who we buy our auto insurance from though. Since the early 70s the only auto insurance we have been provided with is from ICBC which is a goverment run coorporation. So they basically do what they want, charge what they want, screw who they want.

yes you do have a choice! The only insurance you need from ICBC is the basic all the other can be had from another insurance provider.

I forgot to mention that, but that's not really a choice. Basic insurance is all you need to drive and if you want extras that can be bought elsewhere. But that still leaves the balance of power in the hands of ICBC.

I forgot to mention that, but that's not really a choice. Basic insurance is all you need to drive and if you want extras that can be bought elsewhere. But that still leaves the balance of power in the hands of ICBC.

Power goes to those who use it. If you don't use your power with ICBC, then expect to get walked all over. With the exception of the basic coverage, you can get all the other coverage (collision, increased liability, comprehensive) from other insurers - often at significant savings and much better service. Contrary to what some people think, the ICBC adjuster or estimator does not have the last word. They can say anything they want but until you sign your vehicle over to them, it is not a write-off and is still your vehicle. Man, this country could use a few more lions and less lambs. :mad:

Power goes to those who use it. If you don't use your power with ICBC, then expect to get walked all over. With the exception of the basic coverage, you can get all the other coverage (collision, increased liability, comprehensive) from other insurers - often at significant savings and much better service. Contrary to what some people think, the ICBC adjuster or estimator does not have the last word. They can say anything they want but until you sign your vehicle over to them, it is not a write-off and is still your vehicle. Man, this country could use a few more lions and less lambs. :mad:

I agree. This country is full of paper tigers.

<wait till CCMTA launches the 10 year ban on LHD and RHD vehicles, i wonder if the spinless will stand up or just open their wallets wider. bye bye cool old cruisers and hello 200 series (puke)>>

What is this all about?

Are these idiots about to tell me that my '82 CDM BJ60 is not fit to drive on the road? FAT CHANCE of that happening. It's as or more fuel efficient than any new SUV out there and I'm NOT giving it up without a hell of a fight.

Is there a link for this? I need to know.

i am digging for the original information but it might be behind "locked" doors now.

and yes, they will be telling us all what we can and can not drive if CADA has their way.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE, the government is not for us. it is for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it can take from us.

... the government is not for us. it is for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it can take from us.

I've known this fact for years!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom