IMPOSSIBLE to LIFT LX570 or Remove AHC?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ACC Garage Sensor Lift

Fuel Beast 18x9 5x150 +20
Toyo M/T 285 70 18

upload_2018-5-30_19-22-16.jpeg

As far as I can tell the issue is it would be very expensive and difficult to retrofit the KDSS system to a LX570. And without KDSS, it isn’t going to flex very well.

Otherwise shocks AND struts seem to physically bolt up and “work”

Not necessarily true, while the KDSS offers some really neat handling features, it doesn't add any total flex or wheel travel.

Our LX570 (Canguro's Monica) has been converted to traditional fixed rate sway bars. The issue isn't so much the mechanical ability to convert, we all agree that is easily done. It's the fact that those flashing lights and errors on the dash are enough to lead most away from this as an option at current.

This thread is all over the place with retrofitting/lift/KDSS/AHC.

Just to clarify some misunderstandings. The LX570 needs no help from KDSS as fitted to the LC. The LX570 itself is fitted with a much more sophisticated form of kinetic dynamic suspension that is fully dynamic vs the passive system that is fitted to the LC. The LX AHC/AVS system also employs cross linking, but with active computer logic and controls, multiple springs rates, height and damping adjust-ability, and most importantly, equivalent RTI ability to the Land Cruiser.

Way back in the day, Four Wheeler magazine actually tested the RTI of both rigs, scoring 542 to 538, LC to LX570 respectively. Note that the LX570 is doing this with 20" wheels vs 18" LC wheels. - LX 570 misconceptions: RTI myths and ARB bumpers

This video might help with further understanding -

Forgive my ignorance, can someone explain RTI?

Awesome thanks man, will read up

Digging up this thread as I am considering an LX570 now, LC are out of the question because I can find 10 LX570 and only 1 LC and it's priced way above the LX.

Anyways, still unclear whether I can just adjust the sensor to lift the AHC the same way I did with my LX470. Or is the system different this time around?

Digging up this thread as I am considering an LX570 now, LC are out of the question because I can find 10 LX570 and only 1 LC and it's priced way above the LX.

Anyways, still unclear whether I can just adjust the sensor to lift the AHC the same way I did with my LX470. Or is the system different this time around?

Yes, you can adjust the sensors: LX570 AHC height modifications (lift it!)

Yes you can adjust both. The sensor lift is almost identical to the 470. I have a 470 and 570, I have read the system in the 570 is more advanced and cannot be deleted and replaced with regular suspension. The only difference I can tell is that the fluid reservoir in the 570 is in a terrible location that is a PITA to reach. Outside of that I have bled both systems and done the sensor lift on both. No issues either way.

200 series are very close in price with an 06-07 100 series of the same mileage. I don't know if the look will ever grow on me but i drove one and it felt so nice. It's like having a gf with a hot body but ugly face.

Guys its FAR from impossible !, almost all lx570 especially 2016+ have the AHC system removed in my country, only downside is dashboard lights. Dont cut the stock wires tho! Ive done it myself with a help of a mechanic and some energy drinks.

Examples

View attachment 1667733

View attachment 1667734

View attachment 1667735

View attachment 1667736

View attachment 1667737
Are these one-off custom fabricated pre-runner bumpers, or are they specifically manufactured stock for the LX? If so, who is selling them?

I have removed it completely the only thing after removal of hydraulic shocks you have to disconnect ahc controller module located in rear side of the car and then after disconnecting u have to disconnect battery for at least 5 min then return it back ... youtube video is for your reference

Yup, have a EU buddy that had a LC200 that has AHC. The shop that did his OME suspension unplugged the AHC ECU and took out the AHC strut and shocks and replaced the spring. It's all working but there is a AHC error msg on his dash.

Yup, have a EU buddy that had a LC200 that has AHC. The shop that did his OME suspension unplugged the AHC ECU and took out the AHC strut and shocks and replaced the spring. It's all working but there is a AHC error msg on his dash.

Do you know whether they just kept the existing swaybars that came with AHC or went with something else? Ever ridden in it to see how it compares to a KDSS vehicle with similar suspension?

Do you know whether they just kept the existing swaybars that came with AHC or went with something else? Ever ridden in it to see how it compares to a KDSS vehicle with similar suspension?
Sway bar was kept in place.

It may be possible in theory, but I’m not sure why you would want to. Seems like the expense and extra maintenance would negate any savings over just buying an LC.

There really isn’t that much difference in luxury so if modding the suspension is your preference, buy an LC.

Otherwise, the LX is built like a tank and engineered for some of the most difficult conditions on earth, just like the LC. I know that air based AHC systems have some issues, but it’s hard to imagine a high rate of failures in the hydraulic system.

I may not wheel as hard as some folks, but I am not exactly delicate with it either. I have never had any issues at all.

To me, the biggest negative of the LX are the 20” wheels and the approach/departure angles. Those things are easily fixable.

Intrigued that’s it possible to remove but I can’t imagine not having it. I love the dynamic ride of the LX. I love comfort access. I love increasing or decreasing damping without getting out and twiddling a knob in the wheel well. 🤷‍♂️

It may be possible in theory, but I’m not sure why you would want to. Seems like the expense and extra maintenance would negate any savings over just buying an LC.

There really isn’t that much difference in luxury so if modding the suspension is your preference, buy an LC.

Otherwise, the LX is built like a tank and engineered for some of the most difficult conditions on earth, just like the LC. I know that air based AHC systems have some issues, but it’s hard to imagine a high rate of failures in the hydraulic system.

I may not wheel as hard as some folks, but I am not exactly delicate with it either. I have never had any issues at all.

To me, the biggest negative of the LX are the 20” wheels and the approach/departure angles. Those things are easily fixable.

The whole debate just goes back to the 100 series AHC delete or not. Yes, the 200 series AHC is tougher and more robust, but the older LX570s have started to show some AHC problems here and there such as rusted out lines, sensors going, and its bushings needing to be completely replaced. AHC is also a system that is close to impossible to repair on the trail. Sure, its easy to say just buy a Cruiser but the Crusier sales numbers are far lower than LX570s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom