IMPORTANT: Check your HVAC recirculate door and answer Poll (1 Viewer)

Turn ignition ON and press Recirculate button. Is your door:

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why not just write it on there yourself with a silver Sharpie? There is no reason to have a factory sticker there. The access plate comes out in seconds with no tools.

Or you can just type and print the words yourself, there is no need for an image.

If it were a sticker that was visible on a visor or elsewhere, sure, factory stickers are very desirable because they look, well “factory”.

John Davies
Spokane WA

I'm a geek for OEM, or just a geek.

As a mindless wrench turning dude, I don't pay attention to directions or warning stickers... :)

Tony, aren't you in munitions! Hence lock the SOB from here on out.

The label indicates to me that Toyota woke up to the fact that the damper doors were being damaged.

I called Toyota today, and yes.

Last edited:
2009 working just fine...Thank you for the directions and insights:).

My 2017 has the label.

As a former certified auto mechanic (but not at a dealer), I have to say even that sticker isn't enough.

As a mechanic I might have popped off the door, noticed a white sticker, and promptly set the door aside without reading the sticker. Then ignorantly proceeded to break the door.

Why?

It's white, when it needs to be red with bold text (maybe yellow, but not white). White seems sort of "information or suggestion", not a "mandatory".

That it was broken without a mention is disturbing - if not surprising.
Had a mini-van in at a dealer for warranty service and they backed it into a pole in the service shop. Claimed they didn't do it and did I have an proof it wasn't banged up when I brought it in. I suggested to the service manager that we go out together and both take samples of the paint on their poles and on the back of the van - then we could each call our lawyers. Before I got any further he offered to get it in the body shop for free. We didn't buy any more service or vehicles from them.

I’d be happy to try & make some labels from a local print shop here in Austin and mail some out to you all...

I’m thinking of making one for me now...

I’d rather that than sharpie being written and ignored by some tech...

I’d be happy to try & make some labels from a local print shop here in Austin and mail some out to you all...

I’m thinking of making one for me now...

I’d rather that than sharpie being written and ignored by some tech...

I'd really appreciate that. It would save me making up one of my own. Go for it! :bounce:

Mine was broken, a '15. Dealer replaced blower assembly, last week, under the 3 yr/36K warranty. Part 87130-60534 (MSRP $604.82) and 5 hours labor.

2008 LX570 with 73,000 miles just checked and works fine with no problems. Labeled it and purchased a new filter

For those that are so inclined, contact Toyota.

Contact Us | Contact Toyota

They gave me a retroactive credit for future parts/service for this issue. I mentioned this thread, and they said they would like to hear from others to document the issue.

HTH.

For those that are so inclined, contact Toyota.

Contact Us | Contact Toyota

They gave me a retroactive credit for future parts/service for this issue. I mentioned this thread, and they said they would like to hear from others to document the issue.

HTH.

TOYOTA needs to send a TSB to dealers to make them aware that the air filter replacement procedure is different for the LC vs other Toyota models. i got to believe that many of the damper doors are being damaged on the LC by dealer employees.

I just submitted a report to Toyota as well. I have detailed logs for all service done on my truck since new - the previous owner had it in every 5000 miles on the dot for all scheduled maintenance, so it had to have been broken by the Lexus service techs. Hoping they make a good-faith effort to get this straightened out for me!

The door on my 2011 is still working. Went ahead and stuck a warning label just to be safe!

IMG_7271.JPG

I checked my door (a month ago) and it seemed to work smoothly with the switch.

Oddly, I still have a problem with my windows getting fogged up when it's below about 35 degrees outside. The windows and windshield get completely fogged unless I turn on the windshield defog setting. Even then, the rest of my windows are at least partially fogged and it seems as if the windshield cycles between clear and partially fogged.

EDIT: THE DOOR WAS WORKING WHEN THIS THREAD WAS POSTED AND I INSPECTED IT. IT'S ACTUALLY CRACKED AROUND THE ACTUATOR PIN. Not optimistic that the dealer will fix it under warranty, so I think I'll just attempt a fix with quick epoxy.

Last edited:
So the quote I got for 30 stickers was roughly $35.

Given a stamp & an envelope also. I'd say $2 for a sticker would cover getting them anyone who wants one.

I know a graphic design person that is willing to make the file for the print shop.

Does anyone have access to a decent working file of the RECIRC icon?

Also I was thinking of just including the "recirc" button icon, along with the description :

CAUTION - Do not open without ensuring A/C RECIRC (insert icon) is ON!

Any other ideas for wording or icons will be welcomed : )

Given a stamp & an envelope also. I'd say $2 for a sticker would cover getting them anyone who wants one.

I know a graphic design person that is willing to make the file for the print shop.

Also I was thinking of just including the "recirc" button icon, along with the description :

Price is fine. For sure words, not just the icon. It doesn't need to be a nice clean version of the icon to work, just a representation of the button. You could just take a photo the button and make it into a jpg for the printer? If you can't do that, I would be happy to.

The right side of the hinge on mine would not stay in place. I decided I didn't want to risk making it worse, so I took it to my independent Toyota guys. They had to remove the dash and some reinforcement bar. They got it back into place, then reassembled. It is working now, but it was a LOT of labor...about $1400. We rolled the dice and didn't replace the box. Looking at the other posts, I'm wondering if they over charged me.

I just decided I wasn't going to drive with foggy windows all winter and other than selling the vehicle, I just had to do it. Hopefully this is the last gremlin in my '08 purchase.

I also sent Toyota a note as referenced above.

Last edited:

I no longer need a sticker. I made my own. My LC went in for the 15000 service today and I put 2 big red-lettered labels on the door before letting them do their "checks".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom