Builds Imperial Land Cruiser II Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

....and replaced with a dual-swingout bumper fabbed by Sean that a local Mud member was selling. Thanks Mike!
image-65483349.jpg
image-4289425456.jpg
image-2276159109.jpg
image-879417003.jpg

Sweet bumper. I'm currently waiting for Sean to complete mine. The wait is killing me.

neal0124 said:
Sweet bumper. I'm currently waiting for Sean to complete mine. The wait is killing me.

You'll be stoked once he's done. Its well worth the wait! Really well made.

Dude, you don't understand how NOT funny that is....

Here are some pics of that Treadwright that failed on us:

I would interested your opinion on what caused the blow-out. Those tires don't seem to have very many miles on them, plenty of tread depth. I am concern because I have same BFG AT tires. Thx.

I've been through 2 sets of either New (sitting in a garage for 12 years) and some used tires and had several rapid deflations, not sure I'd call them blow outs, but I did have rubber come apart and tear the truck off before I could stop. on several occasions loaded down.. probably never more than 65. I've always felt the AWD has helped me control the vehicle. Once even I had a slow deflation and according to the dude that waved me down I had been driving on a complete flat for 10 miles and didn't know. 33x12.5x15.

I'd appreciate more detail on your blowout situation..

Am I putting too much confidence in my truck?

What affect if any do you think that ABS or a VC has on a blowout type situation?

A

mickeyt said:
I asked last night too and have not heard back.

Sorry, just got home from work. I have sent you a reply message.

You selling the kaymar???? Let me know..

I am planning on selling the Kaymar, I just haven't had a chance photo it and list it. mickeyt did message me first, so I am giving him the first option, and then I will list it.

I would interested your opinion on what caused the blow-out. Those tires don't seem to have very many miles on them, plenty of tread depth. I am concern because I have same BFG AT tires. Thx.

I think it was just tire failure. The tire that blew out was a re-treaded tire by Treadwright. It was put on by the PO. It was not a factory new BFG AT.

Made the switch from MTR's to some All-Terrains. Nitto Terra Grapplers. The difference in noise reduction is amazing. It's like a whole new vehicle.
image-1375548931.jpg

What size TG did you go with? Looking at these same tires. Although the muds are great offroad, I am willing to compromise off road performance for less road noise. Especially since I am planning some longer road trips these days.

sdnative said:
What size TG did you go with? Looking at these same tires. Although the muds are great offroad, I am willing to compromise off road performance for less road noise. Especially since I am planning some longer road trips these days.

Eric, I stayed with the same size. 315/75/16

They look great! I am up in the air on the 315s or 295s. I am geared to 4.88 also so I think the 315s may be a better choice. You'll have to keep us posted on how they work in various conditions like rocks, rain, snow, etc.

BTW, tossing around the idea of Ouray next year if you're interested.

They look great! I am up in the air on the 315s or 295s. I am geared to 4.88 also so I think the 315s may be a better choice. You'll have to keep us posted on how they work in various conditions like rocks, rain, snow, etc.

BTW, tossing around the idea of Ouray next year if you're interested.

One big advantage to 315's, much more common than 295's when you have a flat in BFE.

These things are so much quieter than my old out of balance MTR's. Put some mileage on them this weekend going up to Surf 'n Turf in Pismo. Did great on the road, and seemed to do well in the sand. So far, I'm a fan.

Eric, an Ouray trip next year sounds fun. We've been talking about a trip out to Colorado to visit family, so that could work out perfectly. We'll talk more about figuring it out.

Have you noticed any change in fuel mileage since the tire change?

It's hard to say yet. I was routinely around 11.8 to 12.0 per the scangauge for daily driving (with the RTT up top). When I went up to Surf 'n Turf this weekend, I was around 13.9 for the trip with the RTT and fully loaded down.

I think I need to run them longer over my regular routine driving for a better comparative. I will report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom