I'm Stuck -- Brake Bleeding issues after replacing Master Cylinder (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did a MC replacement I got through Andy Le which itself went OK. I go to bleed the brakes per his instructions (pumping, beeps, etc) and have run into issues.

I am not doing this with TechStream and decided to go old school buddy system. I was able to bleed the far rear PS without issue. I moved next the the DS rear and not much came out. I ended up removing the bleed valve entirely and still not much fluid came out with all the pumping and the key in 2nd ignition. I hear the MC working ok (25 seconds till it settles), but we are just getting a soft pedal going to the floor.

Andy Le said maybe its all from a rusty brake system. I don't know where he is coming up with this since this is a 2006 LC with around 236k and with not an inordinate amount of rust and I never showed him any pictures. I will try cleaning the bleeder valve and possibly just replace it along with the others for good measure, but I'm not confident it will do much.

I'm a bit stuck as I have been for many months now and I've been racking my brain so I'm hitting MUD now. Any ideas would be appreciated. 🤞

I imagine you are pushing out a lot of air, so make sure you are closing the bleeder before you release the pedal, otherwise you are just sucking air right back in. You can also use a clear tube on the bleeder in a bottle of fluid, that way it will release the air but suck fluid in instead of air as you cycle the pedal.

Ignition on: reservoir cap open
Foot on the paddle (don't release)
Crack open the bleeder nipple in the rear
Be ready to catch the fluid coming out
KEEP an eye on the fluid level in the reservoir.
Once you get about 300 mL, close the nipple.

Make sure you bleed the front at the master pump, and later the front will start bleeding on its own. You can also help bleed the system by activating the ABS pump by slamming on the brakes on a gravel road (CHECK no cars behind you before you do this)

Here is my thread on this. Please watch the video as he is the one came up with this simple method. I am still driving the LC and brakes are in top notch!

Thanks for the advice so far. I went to re-tighten one of the brake lines on the MC. Backed it out and carefully tried to get it back on since I felt like there was a 2-3 more threads to get good connection. Ended up cross threading the damn thing and shredded the brake line connector male threads. Time to get another brake line. Ugh. I'm not going to bother with trying to flare out another one and mess with another connector. Just going to buy another whole new line. I just hope I didn't mess up the female threads on the MC and then need to get a tap to fix them. Luckily it was the front DS so only a foot or so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom