2005 LX470 Master Brake Cylinder Maybe? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took a video of the issue I experienced (see video) this week with my 2005 LX470.

I turned on the truck to move out of the garage and while it was warming up I randomly decided to pump the brakes. After about 10-12 pumps the ABS, VSC Trac and VSC off lights turn on, alarm buzzes, then turns off after a few seconds. I tried this a couple times and got the same result. I ran a scanner and found no codes. I am assuming the Master Cylinder may be dying but before I go spending big $$$ I want to see if anyone has any ideas of what is going on.
I bought my LX this year in May (2023). The Mechanic at the PPI said either front/back brakes (forgot which) had about 20% life left and may need to change in about 10K miles.

If I have to swap out the Master Brake Cylinder so be it, but I also rather not spent $1000+ on something that could have been a lot less. Thanks for your time.

Normal! Pumping brake pedal, can be used to test brake pressure alarms.

Keep in mind: ABS brakes, are press and hold. Never pump when trying to slow or stop.

Normal! Pumping brake pedal, can be used to test brake pressure alarms.

Keep in mind: ABS brakes, are press and hold. Never pump when trying to slow or stop.
Thank you. I was hoping that I had stumbled upon some sort of test but instead my brain rushed towards worst case scenario.

The reason that happens is you are rapidly depleting the accumulator pressure with multiple pumps in a row.

You’re actually supposed to pump the pedal 40 times with the vehicle off in order to properly set the fluid level as that fully purges the accumulator first. When restarting after doing this, the lights will likely come on until the accumulator refills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom