Rear brake valve - AHC delete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

Short info:
Toyota Land Cruiser HDJ100 1999 model year. 4,2 diesel, AHC, IFS, ABS

I have recently removed the AHC suspension, and installed Old Man EMU.

in the AHC system, it is a load sensing valve that adjust the pressure for the rear brakes (that is my understanding):
1709705614573.png

when i say i have removed the AHC, i mean completely. that means this valve i gone.

so to my question:

what can replace this valve, so that i don't block the rear wheels every time i touch the break pedal?

When i read the repair manual i see the load sensing proportioning and by-pass valve. but it is stated for vehicles without ABS. my car have ABS and to get my car approved, it still needs ABS to function.
1709706710986.png

bonus question:
- what if i just go to the local scrap dealer and buy a valve from a hilux, hiace, prado (without AHC) and install it, will the abs and reduction work?

i know it needs calibration (original or not) to make sure it gives the correct brake force.
1709707143081.png

(example of valve from a Hilux)

what have you who have replaced the ahc to 2" old man emu done regarding this issue?

Best regards/
Affim (Norway)

i dont think US version of the 100 series had that type of valve ( load sensing proportioning valve) but the us -market 80 series did have them. On my 80 series, I had to bend the arm a bit when i installed a lift to get the valve to continue working properly.

If you have the electric brake booster, you won't have the LSPV. In any case, the AHC and Braking system are pretty much completely separate. It sounds like you are confusing the AHC rear height sensor for the LSPV. They are not the same.

If you have the electric brake booster, you won't have the LSPV. In any case, the AHC and Braking system are pretty much completely separate. It sounds like you are confusing the AHC rear height sensor for the LSPV. They are not the same.
Thanks for the reply.
I have the electric brake booster, and i assume the brake valve i mentioned above from the repair manual is valid for the 100 series without AHC & ABS, and probably with a vacuum brake booster.

But if i just connect the brake line that goes from the rear axle to the electric brake booster, what will adjust the brake pressure for the rear then?

But wait, did you disconnect a brake line?

Even in Australia there is no connection between the AHC and the brakes.
Why would there be?
They are 2 seperate systems, suspension has nothing to do with brakes.

Both of you are correct. When i reviewed the pictures from the removal of the brake system & AHC, i see now that the brake line goes close to the AHC valve, and then to the top of the frame. that means it goes directly from the rear axle to the electronic brake booster :)

what is strange to me though, is the way the booster can know how much weight i have put over the rear axle.. if the brake line had been connected to the load sensing valve that adjust the pressure given to the rear brakes based on the pressure of the rear suspension (that reads the weight and adjusts accordingly). that would probably make more sense to me.

Thank you for the replies, here is the picture i found the answer on. (picture taken when frame is cleaned prior to galvanizing):

1709787225663.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom