I'm at my absolute wits end- Fading Brake pedal despite best efforts (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I'm guessing you put the rebuild kit in the first replacement MC and swapped it for a successful repair?

Are the brakes any better now (excluding MC issues) with all the parts you replaced- if you can remember that far back.

Yes, rebuild parts in the NAPA MC. That fixed that. The brakes are great. Still need to bleed again in a day or two, but wow, what a difference.

FWIW capping the M/C would have shown it was bad-usually only one circuit. In the distant past I've installed two bad parts in a row and been on troubleshooting goosechases that made me want to just give up/

Is it possible the right front is the shorter or most direct fluid line? Anecdotal, and I haven't measured it, and can't with any accuracy, but in all the instances where we were able to visually see anything different that originated at the MC, it showed up at the right front first, including the ABS pulsing, initial bleed with the stained and crumbly black particulate, etc. It may appear this way because of the routing through the ABS.

Hey! Your prize is to go to the back of the line. The first post on page 1 said it was a bad master and it was the first thing I mentioned on page 1. :flipoff2:

I'll wrestle you for the prize then.....

image.jpg
I'll wrestle you for the prize then.....

@Pin_Head wrestles old school Greek style so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom