ikamper / HJ47 combination (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone. Hope the lockdowns are treating you nicely. I have been searching the net for pictures of iKamper (4x) and HJ47 troopie combinations. Thinking of going that route and would like to see what it looks like before hurting my wallet. Would appreciate pictures if you know of any! TIA & greetings from the cold and wet Cape of Storms (Cape Town)

OK, so that search came up empty so I designed the rack myself with some help of FJ company (for the pictures of a HJ47), iKamper (for the RTT dimensions) and Tim from Gamiviti for his ideas. Attached is the result. Let me know what you think. Rack should be ready in a few weeks and I will post some pictures when done (with and without RTT)

Bella roof rack side.jpg

Bella roof rack front.jpg

Bella roof rack rear.jpg

Looks very clean. I like it a lot.
Thanks, looked up the thread of your own HJ47. Our cars are very similar. Very similar indeed. Posted some pics of my car on your thread. Hope you're ok with that.

Was wondering if the chrome vertical divider on yours is mounted on the inside or the outside. And are the Toyota logo's readable from the outside or from the inside? I have them both ways, and am looking to see what the correct mounting is. Cheers!

Thanks, looked up the thread of your own HJ47. Our cars are very similar. Very similar indeed. Posted some pics of my car on your thread. Hope you're ok with that.

Was wondering if the chrome vertical divider on yours is mounted on the inside or the outside. And are the Toyota logo's readable from the outside or from the inside? I have them both ways, and am looking to see what the correct mounting is. Cheers!
Glad you posted up!

Which vertical divider are you referring to?

Glad you posted up!

Here is a picture. It is the chrome section that is attached to the glass of one of the panes of the sliding windows. It holds the felt strip. Cheers

1C013240-3BE1-4802-9A78-B3E31CD02B7B.jpeg

Glad you posted up!

I found some promotional material that shows that the chrome strip is mounted on the inside. Mystery solved! Nice material by the way. Pity it only shows the front and not the interior/rear etc.

I found some promotional material that shows that the chrome strip is mounted on the inside. Mystery solved! Nice material by the way. Pity it only shows the front and not the interior/rear etc.

Sorry for the delay on this. Yes, the chrome strip goes on the inside (I’ve never noticed that strip before!). Here are some pics:

Outside:
B4037D16-29DA-4791-BECA-23039D0CC15A.jpeg

Inside:
0ABDAF36-2D82-4E66-A03D-B1BB435BE019.jpeg

Sorry for the delay on this. Yes, the chrome strip goes on the inside (I’ve never noticed that strip before!). Here are some pics:

Outside:
View attachment 2543870
Inside:
View attachment 2543869
Thanks. The picture you posted on facebook with the top off is so cool! I think it is also a great way to check up on the state of rust and weatherstrips. You took the ambulance doors off as well I imagine?

Thanks. The picture you posted on facebook with the top off is so cool! I think it is also a great way to check up on the state of rust and weatherstrips. You took the ambulance doors off as well I imagine?
Thanks. Yes, I have a set of 1/2 OEM barn doors that I am going to paint and install in the gap where the ambulance doors went.

This looks really great! I'm thinking of building something with a similar design with the frontrunner system. I have two quick questions for you:
  • How tall are the towers you used and about how much clearance do they give between the roof and the rack? I'd like to be able to put the Frontrunner table under the rack. It looks like you've got plenty of clearance without the rack sitting too high.
  • And I really like the rail you used running down the gutter to distribute the weight. Is that just a steel rail, or what'd you use there?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom