ignition problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you haven't already been using it, the wiring diagram at the back of the FSM is going to be your friend.

we have all that but no spark to the plugs. and now no gas to the injectors.

When you say you have with no spark that means to me that you 12v going into the distributor but no spark comming out. That means it a dizzy problem. Do you have 12 comming out of the coil going into the dizzy?

yes and I have 11.50V comming out of the coil and I have a new Dizzy.

yes and I have 11.50V comming out of the coil and I have a new Dizzy.

If you have that comming out of the coil then you have to have a problem in teh dizzy. You say you have a new dizzy. Is it new to you or brand new. If you unplug the dizzy from the coil and use our volt meter to test it start with a continuation test and see if you get tone. If you do then check the oms and I think its supposed to be around 80. You may have more than one problem but this is one of them. If you have power to the dizzy but nothing comming out then you have to have a coil probem or a rotort bug problem, but you do have a problem in there. If it has not run since the new dizzy i am guessing that it could be off 180 deg but I think you would still have spark, just not in the correct order so its back to the coil

well I'm going to the shop again today and will find out the progress. My buddy just bought 2 40's for 750 bucks one has a chevy 305 and the other has the 2F he said he's giving me the 2F. my Question is would it be worth swaping the 3F for the 2F. and will the 3F EFI system swap right over.
also does the 2F have more power?

Search 2FE, or look at Matt's thread in the 40s section. Tonkota put together a write up on building one. The 2FE will be a more powerful motor than either the 2F or the 3FE, as you get the stroke of the 2F, and the EFI and better manifolds/intake chamber of the 3FE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom