If you ever wanted to test your snorkel..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin
Threads
I'm in Skagit Valley, and if you want to see if your snorkel really works come on up. I live on top of a hill, so I'm fine but I spent all afternoon sandbaggin' and once I get out of the house today we'll see what kind of cleanup my friends' shop needs. We crested last night at 9 ft, but there's still plenty of water to play in if you're not as sick of it as I am.

Linus,
Where in skagit valley do you live? I live in bellingham but work in beautiful sedro woolley at the local f@rd dealership managing their body shop. I am interested in how you are planning to retro fit the locker package.
Dave

Just got home from the shop - sandbags all held so all we had to do was move all the stuff we put up back to the floor.

P - I'm in Mount Vernon, all the way up on Big Rock (15 mins. S on 9 from Sedro). Even a 100 year flood couldn't touch me. Why people who live next to the river don't move is still a head scratcher to me ???

Vern still come in to work over there or did one of the boys take over the lot yet?
I worked on their Honda lot when it was on West Side MV, back in high school. Lance ran it back then, maybe still does.

Cruiser Content : PM or whatever if you want to know more about the retrofit. I've got a few projects I need to wrap up before I start, so I'm targeting mid November to do the rear one and get the front in shortly after. I'll be doing axle maintenance along the way so I need to do my research on that and get some parts coming for that too.

The meaning of irony : All you Southwest guys have snorkels and my town floods regularly and I don't have one. :slap:

I live in Arlington, where the water had reached the I5 onramps. Too bad I just sold my snorkled 93 on Saturday!

Saw you guys baggin on the news this morning. Be thankful that you live up the hill!!! Andy Carson on CH12 said it was gonna dry up for you guys soon, and he's almost always "close" to right. Maybe someone can parachute a snorkle in to you. I hate it when Mother Nature has PMS, that just sux a$$.

Hope U get sun soon. :-\

MONTOCR
wa that the 93 on autotrader i was drooling over last week, 4.88 gears and locked with snorkel. just curious.
Dave

Yup! Sold it to a guy in Redmond. I still have the 96, it has more stuff, but no snorkel

[quote author=montocr link=board=2;threadid=6608;start=msg54381#msg54381 date=1066934219]
Yup! Sold it to a guy in Redmond. I still have the 96, it has more stuff, but no snorkel
[/quote]

do you work at Randy's?

and yeah you guys got it bad up north :( we got the same rain it just doesn't flood down here.

John H

How can a post like this NOT have pictures!?!?!?!?!?

Come on now! :doh:

[quote author=LINUS link=board=2;threadid=6608;start=msg53763#msg53763 date=1066843872]

P - I'm in Mount Vernon, all the way up on Big Rock (15 mins. S on 9 from Sedro). Even a 100 year flood couldn't touch me. Why people who live next to the river don't move is still a head scratcher to me ???

[/quote]

S0 you are within about 8 miles or so of WV....

Ever dare to take the 80 up there? I know I won't!

I wheeled with a guy who took his 80 thru and when we gotr back to the parking lot only the PSR door still opened :D

Come Awn - time for one more run before the winter closures!

BTW - There is a work party at WV on 11/15 - I won't make it unless plans change.

TLC,
is RCLC sponsoring the clean up day on walker?
Im definitely interested in going. so will a 92 with 33" and ome med load springs still have rockers when it is done with walker?

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=6608;start=msg54769#msg54769 date=1066995366]
How can a post like this NOT have pictures!?!?!?!?!?

Come on now! :doh:
[/quote]

Because I'm internet challenged (retarded :slap: by most counts) and am still too cheap to have a picture hosting service. :flipoff2: :D

--W.V.--
I'm about 15 mins from there on a bad traffic day.

Good luck keeping your bodywork on your truck. Seriously, I only used to take my dirt bike up there, and even it got abused like no other. It's been a long time since I've had the kind of money to repair what this place can do to a rig.

Good luck.

I have gone up there with the 80. Didn't find much that I was willing to try to fit through. I found one short trail that had some moderate rocks, stumps, enough to lift a tire a couple feet in the air, but the trail was more wide open. I ran the Lake Isabelle trail a couple of weeks ago, there were some spots that were tight for an 80, but not bad with a spotter.

We had another day of tropical rain and all roads were floaded.

No car could pass and even smaller SUV's had a lot of problems but there was one who had no problems at all:

Mike and his beauty !! :D

LANDCRUISER for President !!!!! :cheers:

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom