If you could drop any engine under your hood what would you chose? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

12valve 6BT with P7100 pump, KDP tabbed, if you want diesel
1FZ-FE if you want a gasser

1HD-T all the way, but I'm bias :)

I like my 80 all 80...if you love your LC, rebuild it, why put a foreign part in there?

LS1,2,3, or 7

With the abuse those motors can take and the availability of parts, I would be all about them.

Nice! So where are you going to stuff 7' of Merlin though?

Isnt that an Allison? Like from a P40? The Toyota diesel would be my choice. The 6BT is damn strong but heavy, big and loud. The 4BT is heavy, tall and loud/ shakey.

Get a 1hd and intercool/ big exhaust with the toyota tranny to boot. In fact- just get a half cut from Japan. The 1hd is so smooth and quiet. My friends with domestic diesels can't believe it.

Intercooled 1HD-T with a 3 inch exhaust and a extreme valve body a442F
1HZ with a H55F
Intercooled 1HZ-T with a H55F
Intercooled 1HD-FT, 3 inch exhaust with a extreme valve body a442F

god i love my truck.

Last edited:
I've got the engine I want in my FJ80...12H-T:
90_percent_done_002.sized.jpg

If money were no object for me to play with...I might be tempted to try a 5spd behind it with a part time case. I do like driving the auto with the fulltime case though...getting lazy these days. :D

Isnt that an Allison? Like from a P40? The Toyota diesel would be my choice. The 6BT is **** strong but heavy, big and loud. The 4BT is heavy, tall and loud/ shakey.

Get a 1hd and intercool/ big exhaust with the toyota tranny to boot. In fact- just get a half cut from Japan. The 1hd is so smooth and quiet. My friends with domestic diesels can't believe it.

Yes, Allison V12 out of a P40 and ummm some tank. Can't remember which. 1400 hp and 1000 ft lbs of torque if I remeber right.

D

What about a Hino J05E-TI? 5.1L with 465lb-ft, 246hp, and 515lbs? I'm new so maybe it's a bad idea...

Thinking of something that is actually pretty likely and not just a wish like some exotic motor that you can't find.

1UZ 4.0L lexus aluminum block V8, sleeved to a 4.5(or 4.7). non-vvti ported and polished 2UZ heads with upgraded valvetrain and cams to handle high RPM's. Then strap on a couple GT35R's and supporting mods with AEM.

Last edited:
How unhappy are you with the current setup and how bad does it leak? I was never happy with my 3FE until I drove it like I stole it. Think 22RE. Your mileage wont change so why not. I would literally drive the hell out of it. I doubt you will kill it. If you do, then you have a reason to pull and replace it

Does anybody ever read the thread date? October 2008.

FWIW, I'd like a 2F-E or Chevy 383 stroker.

still don't see the obsession with gm .... go get a blazer.... Uncle toy didn't make it to check point six with a gm motor just my .02
i would go 1fz or the 5.7 unless you want diesel then no ? 1hd-t

Does anybody ever read the thread date? October 2008.

FWIW, I'd like a 2F-E or Chevy 383 stroker.

Has anyone stuffed a 2FE in an 80 yet? I understand there are clearance issues that aren't a concern in the 60/62.... but maybe with a body lift, or a modded hood :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom