Idle trouble and loss of power 80s series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Actually in light of your discovery I think you should change gears and remove the security system. You will need to literally trace the wires back to where they intercept the harness, cut them out or remove the connectors. then either reconnect the harness to itself or if the harness was cut, solder in wires to reconnect the factory wires. Use heat shrink, take tons of photos.

There is a fair chance this alarm system is cutting the spark signal as it’s form of anti theft immobilization.

I took this out out last night. It was not connected into the ignition. I assume it had been previously disconnected. It was connected to the + terminal on the battery and grounded.

CF798564-2140-49AF-B698-EE8B72658811.jpeg

I have not taken this out. Located by the left side kick panel under the dash. I’ve attached another picture that shows the notorious wiring signs.

CB82E652-AEB0-476F-906F-04E244FAA8BD.jpeg

I took this out out last night. It was not connected into the ignition. I assume it had been previously disconnected. It was connected to the + terminal on the battery and grounded.

View attachment 1990512

Inline fuses scare me, can you get a close up on the module? Trying to understand what that is, some of the connectors look factory

Last edited:
I have not taken this out. Located by the left side kick panel under the dash. I’ve attached another picture that shows the notorious wiring signs. View attachment 1990523

View attachment 1990520

Oh god this triggered my PTSD from when I had to unfuck the previous owners "mods" You know its bad when you find grips of wire nuts and inline fuses inline with more inline fuses..... I didn't trust anything so I ripped it all out and replaced everything.

I just finished building my neighbor's fence and gate, I'm going to grab a shower, slam a beer or three to try to keep my PTSD properly quelled by my minor alcoholism. Then I'll come back and rejoin you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom