I turn the key but nothing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I drove my 94 landcruiser to the store and when I came back out it wont turn over or anything. All the lights came up strong but the car won't turn over or even fire. Just sitt there and do nothing. It was dark but I could hear the fuel pump and something else come on but the car would start.

I did pull a heavy trailer Thursday with it. But it wasn't crazy heavy. It pulled it without any issue or anything. Need advice please.

Thanks

Typical symtoms of starter contact failure.

Check this link: Starter Motor Contacts

Thanks for the reminder, I added the link on the neutral safety switch connector common problem to the emergency start thread.

Here is that link seperately

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/233993-starter-neutral-safety-switch.html

For a starter problem, Put a meter on the 12V battery to Ground and watch it while someone tries to start. You should see a drop even if the starter doesnt get going if the starter has power and the enable signal, even with bad contacts. A bad solinoide would likely see nothing

Thanks peo

Thanks people. I am heading there right now to Check out what the matter with te cruiser.

Will update what I find in couple of hours.

Or whack the starter before and/or during the cranking process and see if it catches.

Thanks guys,

It is the starter:
I checked the battery terminal and all the fuse and the whacked the starter a little during ignition, it started right up. I chafed the started 6 months back. It was an auto zone piece of crap.
Now looking for Toyota original to replace with.

Thank all. I appreciate it for saving me some $$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom