I think i figured out my carb problem.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In checking the lines i removed my air intake and i noticed the boot over the pump plunger assembly was cracked and upon further checking i noticed the release on the pump plunger was releasing slow. My question is does the pump plunger supply the suction to get the fuel to the carb? If so how can i replace that plunger, pump return spring and the boot? This i believe is the source of my problem. I have a brand new rebuilt carb in my garage and i was comparing to and the pump plunger on that was fast and smooth. And mine on the truck was slow and rough. I know what your saying "why don't you put that rebuilt one on your truck?" Well the one i have in the garage is for a 87' and my truck is a 84'.

Let me know what ya'll think.

My symtoms are i have to pump and pump that accelerator then crank, then pump and pump then crank and after i do this a couple of times it finally cranks up. The choke is pulled this entire time. I know its not the fuel filter, or fuel pump because when i replaced the fuel pump i forgot to attach back the line that goes from the pump to the carb and while i was pumping it shot fuel everwhere so i know the problem lies in the the carb.

FYI the carb on a 87' is different then the carb on any other 60 due to there being different emissions on the 87' the carb has some different parts.

How do i replace the accelerator pump?

HOw do i replace the accelerator pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom