I survived.. but the 80 didn't..it saved me (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am so glad you are okay. These stories hit close to home for me, as our Cruiser saved our lives too (we rolled ours multiple times at freeway speed and everyone walked away): https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/405093-our-new-land-cruiser-saved-our-lives.html

Here is what we did after the fact: got another Cruiser. Two in fact (another 80 for me and a 100 for her). I figured if the Cruiser took that much abuse and we walked away, then I don't want to drive anything else.

So glad to see you are alright!

Glad you are OK! Those pictures are amazing...

Ouch! Did they total it due to physical damage to the frame, or just on being too expensive to fix? Did you keep it/rebuild/ part it out? John

State Farm wrote me a check, so they kept it and probably sold for parts. I got an FZJ80 the next week. The frame was slightly bent and cracked in one place where the running board tried to go through it. It really didn't look too bad...the BMW was really destroyed though.

Hope you're doing good and have a speedy recovery of any injuries acquired!! These really are stout rigs!!

PM sent!!

Dang bro amazing the kind of punishment a 80 will take in protecting the owner! I know you're not in the NW...too much sun ;0)

:eek:

damn. glad you made out with only a few bump and bruises.

PM'd ya for some parts info...

Wow! Same here, glad you're okay. Another reason to keep my 80. Also, PM sent.

Guys.. I'm contemplating parting it out because I don't have room to store it anymore. Anybody interested in buying it straight out.. I'm in Aliso Viejo, California and would settle for a decent offer.. Please PM me.. I'm busy with work and don't have time or place to part this buddy of mine

I have an OEM front bumper and running boards OEM as well to give away.. Please come by and pickup if you want

i'm giving it away for 1k..thats what the junk yard is offering me.. any interest

if i`d live in the states i would happily bought your car for 1k.. here in norway we cant find these wrecked.

70mph and into a still standing semi? wow, im glad you are ok, but this just shows the strenght of these cars. imagine a prius doing that.. brrr..

Hit a parked semi going 70 mph and walked away. Wow!!!! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom