I need new tires, pic help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a lx450 and its that time. So I have narrowed it down to Revos or BFG A/T.
I don't want to start another which is better thread, But I would like to see some pics up close of the two if anyone has any.

If anyone has owned both I would love to hear comments.

Oh ya I did search and couldn't find any good up close pics. Thanks for the help.

I have owned four sets of BFG's and currently own REVOS. I say without any hesitation that REVOS are much superior, however having said that, here is your up close picture ... not sure if REVOS are more prone to puncture but I slashed the snot out of the sidewall on this trail. Never slashed a BFG, and prolly never will slash another REVO but this trail had some super sharp rocks and i managed to hit one. HTH.
FlatTire.jpg

I have BFGs on my 450 and my FJ40. They are great on the highway as well. I would recommend the BG's to anyone who asked, but I have never owned the other brand
Moab 125.jpg
Bill Moore Lake 050.jpg

I have owned BFG's and they are amazing. The BFG all terrains just work so well. I had some on my tahoe. Oh and I don't know if that is the best selling point seeing a revo that is flat. :D

It would help if you told everyone what kibnd of action your rig sees.....

I have had 3 sets of BFG ATs, used to love em except on wet pavement......I now own Revos and love them......I have no hardcore wheeling comparisons for your, though. Look on Tirerack.com for comparison to your needs. Revos are listed (not saying this, no flames) as better all-around.

Pics of mine are in THIS THREAD

Not trying to sell the Revo's but they've been great for me. I've had them rock crawling with 12 psi in them and they were pretty good for an AT. No sidewall problems, they're 8 ply in the LT sizes.

Yeah I used my BFG AT's for Hard Wheelin and Street drivin and work great for both except in mud of course like all AT's.

Thanks for all the help, I like the bfg's look better, But my wife thinks it to truck like, Well yah.
Anyhow its her car and it doesn't see much dirt. So I think I will go with the revos.
But shes going to get the 285/75/16's. Thats for me :)

Last edited:
Cruisin'Carolina said:
It would help if you told everyone what kibnd of action your rig sees.....

Both my rigs see wet pavement, snow, ice, mountain driving, highway and wheeling in the mountains with rocks, dirt, etc.

The LX450 has been to Moab.

I have been happy with the BFG's through all cases

When I wheel, I air them down between 15-20lbs depending on the terrain.

Romer

Do you have 285, 295 or 305 on the 80?

had both

the are both awesome tires... almost comes down to which you like the looks of better... was at a TAC picnic this past weekend and there were two 450's there... one with revos one with bfg's... i liked the look of the revos better on a stock truck...

BTW i'll be putting 285's on my stock 80 very soon... seeing them both side-by-side made it easy...

BFG-AT works great on road as well as off.
Not alot of noise/side walls are great (wifes truck)!
No experience with Revos??
IMG_0311.jpg

I've had both. They are both fairly quiet with an edge to the Revos. The Revos are better on-road and my set seemed to balance much better than the BFG's. I even put the BFG's on GSP road force balancing machine which helped. The technician said 3 out of 5 of my BFG's were borderline unacceptable but still within range. The BFG's had a harsher ride due to the stronger sidewalls. The BFG's also have a better selection of sizes. I would go BFG AT/KO's if you do more off-roading, and the Revos if you do more on-roading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom