FYI: Bridgestone Duelers A/T Revo’s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a set of the Bridgestone Duelers A/T Revo’s. 285/75/16. Had them installed during lunch.

During the short ride back to work I noticed the steering is much more crisp and tight.
The slushy-ness of the ride is greatly reduced. Maybe it is because of the lateral stability or rigid-ness of the walls of the tires. I don’t know. Not much of a tire expert. It’s a new set too. So, of course it’s going to be better. The previous set of tires may have handled that same way too when they were new! I don’t know. I just bought the rig. Though, the ride is much better. Firmer. To me, it is far and away better than the stock tires the PO had installed. After the same amount of mileage as the old set, it would be interesting to see if the slushy un-firm steering response returns.

The look is great. The wheel well filled out better than expected. Talk about beefy! The tread pattern is aggressive, and for what it is, I did not notice any tire noise difference at all. Though, I wasn’t paying attention either. You’d think if the noise was significant it would have caught my attention right away. It’s dry here in SoCal right this moment. Can’t wait until the rain comes to test out the wet traction ability.

More comments on the new tires after a few weeks.

ARB Bull Bar. CHECK!
Tires. CHECK!
Birfield/Repack…..
Alpine CDA-9835 HU install….
Rear Bumper replacement…..
OME heavy OEM replacement....

Last edited:
You mind my asking how much you paid for them and where you got them? That is the exact tire I want/need, but don't wanna get raped on the price. The ONLY place I've been able to find that size aside from the really expensive places like Merchant's Tire is www.tirerack.com at $152 a piece, but then you gotta pay shipping. Costco lists that size in their literature, but when I ask them to order it for me, they tell me to go to Costco.com which doesn't list that size(I've asked different people more than once, maybe I need to try a different location).

I wish I could post pics, but I'm on company time. Will post pics later this evening :)

Man, they are nice tires. Will test'em off road over the weekend.

Arya Ebrahimi said:
You mind my asking how much you paid for them and where you got them? That is the exact tire I want/need, but don't wanna get raped on the price. The ONLY place I've been able to find that size aside from the really expensive places like Merchant's Tire is www.tirerack.com at $152 a piece, but then you gotta pay shipping. Costco lists that size in their literature, but when I ask them to order it for me, they tell me to go to Costco.com which doesn't list that size(I've asked different people more than once, maybe I need to try a different location).
Americas Tire/Discount Tire has the best prices from my research. They price match, though I haven't found anyone cheaper. Also have lifetime balance/rotation, etc.

I've had the same tires for a little over a year. They have been great. Excellent on road snow traction, great in heavy rain, and the ride is tighter and quieter than the Michelin LTX's that I previously had on. I've done some light offroading/rocks and they were pretty good for an A/T tire, although they will fill up in the mud. IMO the best a/t tire out there for a dd.

Each tire cost me $169.99. This price is for the tire only. The 5th tire/spare was not in stock. It’s on order for me. It should be in tomorrow. Got’em from one of the local Firestone dealers. I called a few places asking for them. Some said they had to order them. One Firestone place didn’t have them at his location. Said he could have them on-site in an hour. Call around. There was a $75 out the door difference in price between the lowest and highest.

Forgot to mention I’m running the OEM/stock suspension.

It was a toss up between those and the Firestone Destination M/T tires when I was looking for new tires on my stock cruiser too...

The M/T tires won, and have paid for themselves in spades. But, I wheel that particular cruiser a LOT. An A/T tire wouldn't cut it in half the conditions I wheel in usually. But, I'm glad to hear you like them. Is that size an LT tire? The destinations are an LT in that size, and I attribute that to the much better steering and handling I got from them.

revo's

The Bridg. w/t revo have the best rating out of any all terrain tire on the market. Great choice, your more senseable than I'am. I went with BFG AT's, I'm a sucker for the looks !
But the BFG is rated 2nd or 3rd :) PS: I put them Revo's on my girls path finder (gotta keep em safe).

I had to weigh the benefits the tire had to offer both on and off road. It's my daily driver, family car and expedition/off-roader. I had to find the right balance. I believe I did.

I'm not sure if it's an LT at that size. I don't believe it is. I haven't read it anywhere. The product data sheet states it is for Light Trucks and SUV's.

Arya Ebrahimi said:
Costco lists that size in their literature, but when I ask them to order it for me, they tell me to go to Costco.com which doesn't list that size(I've asked different people more than once, maybe I need to try a different location).

If you really want to know the price from Costco and can't get help I can ask at our local Costco. The tire guys there are top notch and always willing to help me. Just PM or email if you get to the point that you are at a deadend.

I've got the Revo's as well and love them. I've put about 15k on them through snow, heavy rain, light offroad and daily driving use and think they are a good all around tire. Road noise is a non-issue with these IMO. I have heard nothing but good things about them expcept for people who do a lot of serious off-roading, where something more aggressive would be appropriate. Anyhow, congrats, I think you'll like them and if I remember correctly, the 285 is a LT. :cheers:

LT = Light Truck. Correct?

Thanks to fourm for helping me make the correct decision.
A great tool this place is. What makes it better is that the tool
talks back to you.

:)

Quit talking to your tool.

That's gross.

Yes, an LT tire is short for Light Truck. In gross generalizations, an LT tire will be made of thicker, or more numerous plies, stiffer, and last for more miles. In the Destination, it means that I'd basically have to run over a land mine to get a flat tire. Those damn tires weigh about 75 lbs in the 33" size!

The 80 on stock suspension just looks 'right' on 33's IMOP.

Last edited:
LOL!

I can't help it. It wants to talk. It spouts when I least expect it.

roncruiser said:
It spouts when I least expect it.

to bad for your wife (girlfriend, S.O, whatever...).

They make pills for that.

# Plies

Roncruiser in that size of Revo's were those 8 ply tires or 4 ply tires? just curious, they say the more plies you have the more road noise you get...

Barrypt5

Excellent question. I dug this up on the Yokohama site:

Ply Rating vs. Load Range

Ply ratings and load ranges identify load and inflation limits of a given tire size when used in a specific type of service.

* Ply ratings: An older method of rating load capacity, these are listed as 4-ply, 6-ply, 8-ply, etc.
* Load ratings: The current method of rating a tire's load-carrying capacity is denoted by letters (B, C, D, E, etc.).

Load Range for the Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO with UNI-T AQ II I have is identified as "D".
Hope this helps.

Also dug this up:

PLY LOAD PLY LOAD
RATING RANGE RATING RANGE
2 A 14 G
4 B 16 H
6 C 18 J
8 D 20 L
10 E 22 M
12 F 24 N

285/75/16 are load range "D". This equates to an 8 ply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom