I love my 2016 8 speed tranny with TSB 0209-17 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If we all complain to brand relations, maybe we can move the needle on getting the programming revisited for the 8sp. It seems to be part of the adaptation in my experience. Goes away after everything is reset, then comes back. Wife’s key drives better than my key.

Toyota Brand Engagement 1-800-331-4331

Does this help with the 1-2 shifts? Rolling stops are irritating.
The TSB flash fixed that issue for me.
I installed the pedal Commander afterward.

I had the rough-shifting issue several years ago. Shared the TSB, and it was fixed under warranty (just a software update, I believe). Shifts smoothly now, and have never had an issue since.

I had the rough-shifting issue several years ago. Shared the TSB, and it was fixed under warranty (just a software update, I believe). Shifts smoothly now, and have never had an issue since.
What year and build date is your LC?

The TSB is for MY16 and MY17.
If you have a service manager that you are good with, they may be able to flash it for you.

Worth a shot.
It improved my LC driving and braking experience drastically.

The TSB is for MY16 and MY17.
If you have a service manager that you are good with, they may be able to flash it for you.

Worth a shot.
It improved my LC driving and braking experience drastically.
Yeah but it seems all years can have the harsh 1-2 shift. Someone else on here had a 2018 and had the flash done and it helped his shifting.

What year and build date is your LC?
Don't have the truck handy (at the dealer getting the AC flap issue fixed and getting a new water pump)... but it was '16. Earlyish build as I bought in December '16.

I noticed the rough shifts a couple of years in under hard acceleration. The update made it butter-smooth.

12/2015 build, the TSB completely smoothed everything out for me. I also tossed a pedal commander on it to fix the slushy gas pedal feeling.

I’m really quite happy with the 8 spd +TSB + PC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom