i hate rain (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i decided to take the top off today because it was beautiful out. Well, no sooner than I finished, it poured. Any tips to keep the interior dry when the cruiser is parked? I have a bikini and I DON'T WANT A SOFT TOP so that is obviosly out. It looks stupid with a tarp. I have seen these things for jeeps that are like half covers. Anyone know if they make these for cruisers?

I have seen those things for Jeeps, also, but haven't seen them for Cruisers.  I think Bestop makes them?  I was kicking around the idea of making one out of a large plastic tarp.  My girlfriend said she would sew it for me if I do the measurements.  Has anyone else tried something like that?  I kinda lost interest in the idea since I now have a garage.

Edit: I corrected my poor grammar

I just wanted to say that I HATE RAIN TOO...my hardtop is still on but it has been raining here for 8 or is it 9 now weekends in a row!

Stew...who will be getting soaked rebuidling his engine this weekend.....

I also think SOR sells a full size car cover for a 40 series. Of course you will be paying SOR prices for it :doh:

I recently took my hard top off and of course, it's raining (I live in WA). I didn't want to do it, but last night I tied a tarp over it. It's not pretty and I am sure the neighbors will bitch but FAWK' em...at least it's dry :G

Show some balls and go to Joann's fabric store and buy some marine grade vinyl. They sell it pretty cheap. Stitch one up. You could also go to a marine upholstery shop and have them custom make a cover for you. You will pay for it, but you can bet your ass it will fit like a glove. Those guys are pretty good. Sunbrella is what they would probably use. You could probably talk one of them into selling you some if your able to make your own.

HTH

I plan to have one made for me when I finish my rebuild. I am going to take down the pics of the jeep ones that I have seen and just have then remake one using a waterproof thick material like they use to cover boats. It will slip over the front of the windshield, down to the floorboards on the doors and will be trimmed around the back to meet the tub. Hopefull they will be able to install the black nylon straps with hooks so I can cinch everything up.

Noah

Show some balls and go to Joann's fabric store and buy some marine grade vinyl. They sell it pretty cheap. Stitch one up.
HTH

That is just painful. I went there twice to get vinyl and it's the worst. It needs to be followed up with a useless trip to someplace like Hooters or the pick and pull just to get your nads to drop back down.

Good vinyl though. WAY cheaper than a boat shop or buying a pre-made product. I made my center console and hard tonneau with their vinyl.

When the woman drags me there, I immediately think of something I need from Home Depot  :G

I'd love some info on the hard tonneau mentioned above. I have been looking to do something like that. i also have a spare hard top that i might cut down to 45 pickup proportions to make like a little truck. I thinkl AEV does something liek that with the wranglers if i recall.

[quote author=cavsfj40 link=board=1;threadid=181;start=msg1126#msg1126 date=1055989059]
I'd love some info on the hard tonneau mentioned above.  I have been looking to do something like that.  i also have a spare hard top that i might cut down to 45 pickup proportions to make like a little truck.  I thinkl AEV does something liek that with the wranglers if i recall.
[/quote]

Cher you go man! 2 on ebay rt now that are new ;)
http://search.ebaymotors.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=Adbrook+Toyota+FJ40+Tonneau+Tono+Cover+NEW%21%21+&cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Febaymotors%2Fws%2F&maxRecordsPerPage=30&siteid=100&s_partnerid=2&from=R10&catref=C3&currdisp=2&itemtimedisp=1&st=2&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&categorymap=6000&wty=0&sp=0&BasicSearch=&category0=6000

I like how you compared the cover you want to a jeep cover. :flipoff2:

I would hate for it to look stupid with a tarp on it. :flipoff2:

I have always used the BIG hefty trash bags over the seat. If you flip the seat forward and put the bag on it it will stay dry enough to get into.

I herculined the tub and I carry a tarp to cover my seats when it rains. It doesn't rain much in Utah, but when it does, the tarp works great.

- Rico.

I have been wondering about this subject myself, as eventually I want to do something similar with my FJ55 once I have the whole top gone. Right now I just want to cover the back when wheelin, as the top is cut off past the rear doors, and I eventually am cutting out the cheap-ass enclosure someone did to seperate the cab/bed.

I called Joannes Fabric, the stuff is only $6.99/yd. Not bad. My wife can sew, so it looks like this will be a good route :D

You guys need to get some balls, that's a pretty cool store if you look around and ignore all the pansy crap they sell too.

[quote author=petescoffee link=board=1;threadid=181;start=msg1119#msg1119 date=1055508456]
SOR carries a "family" Bikini top that goes to the back of teh LC.
[/quote]

Which is only going to work if you have a "C" hoop/"family" cage....

Jazz baja seats, covers removed, wipe out the water and go. Rain, or snow for that matter, is not that big of a deal...

Stock vinyl seats, keep dishtowel in the glove box, and hope its done raining by the time you need to get somewhere!
Or get to know the guy that assigns parking spots at your school and get him to give you one indoors. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom