I finally installed my lift.. its true (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yep. I finally did it over the weekend. Took some pictures and assembled some basic info for the next guy like me that asks everyone here a ton of questions. Take a look at it and let me know what you guys think I ought to add.

http://www.englandhouseplans.com/fj55/fj40.htm

P.s. I know its a mild lift for some of you guys, but its still a good looking cruiser you have to admit:) Just needs a bit of paint on the rear where the diamond plate was... all in due time.

Nice writeup, Jake!
Suggestions? Get those butt ugly full doors off!! :G

Yep you did what I should have after I installed mine, I was just too lazy :dunno: :D. Good writeup. Only thing you left out is that the 4" IS the best. :p :G

Looks good man! You'll love the Skyjacker lift :beer:

thanks guys.
Theo, while I agree the doors look better off.... I gotta have some tunes. Actually, while I was installing my lift, one of my brothers took my doors off, ground off the old weatherstrip, repainted and put new weatherstrip back on. He did an excellent job, and out of gratitude I left them on. They are a lot quieter now.
They will come off soon though.

.... and they're gone

Great write up! I recently installed the Skyjacker 4" lift on my 75 40 and love it. I don't use the cruiser for much offrading cause I have another that likes to be beat on so the one with the 4" lift remains mostly stock. Great choice in lifts and a breeze to instal.
Hope you enjoy your new ride. The cruiser is looking pretty nice. Doors look just fine on. For a daily driver, they are worth having on just for the safety factor.

see if this picture is a bit better...

front view of 4" on 75

Goebeler
Very Nice. Mine will be looking that good soon I hope. I plan on repainting the back end where the PO had diamond plate. The rest of the paint is in great shape. Then its on to fixing the stock A/C, custom rack, etc. As money allows. Looks like you own several cruisers. They're addicting.

Don't listen to that Theo guy...he is probably wearing a Cosby sweater! :G  I LOVE the way 40s look with bikini top and hard doors.  Granted it's great to be doorless, but I think the look is awesome with them on still.  And the tunes thing too...

And, BTW, Wasatch Cruisers run up Providence Canyon is on Saturday, July 12th--so mark it on your calendar.  With that new lift, you better be out.  I believe we are also runnin' Milleville for the stockers and not-so-modified-ers.

Oh, and the lift looks great.  Nice write up too!

thanks Ferg. Its 6:30 now. I'm thinking of heading up Millville for a bit before work.... hope the boss doesn't mind if I'm a little late.
As for the 12th, keep me posted. My wife is due to deliver our baby around the 10th or so, but you never know when they really come. Maybe It'll come early instead of late like our first one. We may have to swap cruisers, this is our third girl and I only have two jump seats :)

Don't listen to that Theo guy...he is probably wearing a Cosby sweater! :G  
Keeps me warm riding around with no doors!!

HeyHeyHeeeeyyy! :p

Great write up! I recently installed the Skyjacker 4" lift on my 75 40 and love it. I don't use the cruiser for much offrading cause I have another that likes to be beat on so the one with the 4" lift remains mostly stock. Great choice in lifts and a breeze to instal.
Hope you enjoy your new ride. The cruiser is looking pretty nice. Doors look just fine on. For a daily driver, they are worth having on just for the safety factor.

great lookin 40 man make me miss mine but i like the space in my 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom