i cant get my diff lock disengage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi im new to this forum
i have a 1997 toyota land cruiser and diff lock will not disengage
if anyone can help me out i would appreciate it

thank you

I hope you a are in low gear ,,
Try to go strait in reverse for some distance , with low power.

You are posting in the wrong section. Post in the 80 series forum (for 1991-1997 USA vehicles) and you will get more answers. The 90 series forum is for non-US “Prado” Land Cruisers. Or you can search the threads in the 80 forum, lots of info. In emergency you can pull the position switch off the axle and use a screwdriver to pull the locker shaft away from the differential.

Are you asking about centre diff? as a you feel it grab clutch and try move the lever used to get it out in the ole 47 series Ive never seen a 90 series jammed I did drive a 90 for about 5 years

Are you asking about centre diff? as a you feel it grab clutch and try move the lever used to get it out in the ole 47 series Ive never seen a 90 series jammed I did drive a 90 for about 5 years

Hint - always helps to look at the OP date of post ;)

You’re new & we all done it — after 6mo if it’s still stuck, dude has bigger probs.

This thread caught my eye because my center diff (01 4Runner) is unlocked and the light is blinking on the dash. It’s my winter truck, stuck in 4 wheel but not locked.

I will see what happens when it snows. I have tossed about 7K into this truck over the past two years ( well worth it) but I am sure it will have to be looked at.
DDA2B2CD-5ED0-4669-B3C8-DEB8C8919F6A.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom