I bought a 1966 (6/65) FJ40L 'parts car' to restore (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rebuilt SD-40 carb. running well... It is running well at high, and mid throttle. At low throttle it seems to stall. I haven't been able to have the choke open all the way either. I have been giving it a healthy warm up 3-5 min. I've been warming up off the hand throttle. The foot accelerate is all there, but when you push the pedal there is no response. It does seem to be functional at all. Any leads to debug this? It seems that the angle on the accelerator needs to be more acute, or less of an angle, but not sure. I was thinking about change to 2 springs that attach the link mechanism to the block. Any know how many ft. pounds of force they need to be.

Carb is leaking that I had refurbed. Any ideas as to why it may be leaking. See the discoloration on the newly refurbed metal

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

Oil change today …some how gas is leaking down from the carb. Into the crankcase/ oil pan. Anyone know why this happens? Seems to drain out of the window, as I let it still over time. I come back and fuel in glass is drained. Also, Does anyone know what the small O ring, and small washer are for in the first photo? I assume the large washer in 2nd pic at right, goes under the bolt for the top cover.
3739C8A9-9D60-49B1-B950-232686837D4E.jpeg
850275E2-A6D6-4029-9129-20C5DBB1DA6D.jpeg

Goes at the bottom, duh! It has been 5 years since the last change, just starting up no driving. Gas must have eaten the old one as it was outside the bath at the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom