I am making LC Scale Kits & Accessories for mud! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@CruiserTrash starting on your 1/16th tonight bud. Will leave a live feed on before i go to bed tonight.

twitch.tv/baothebuilder

Cameras cycle every 30 seconds, and yours are the parts that looks like this:

Aiming to ship you first kit for testing next friday. There will be spare parts/other kits coming later as i learn to work with more materials. First one will be PLA+ with TPU tires.

If anyone else has 1/16th electronics and wants a kit gifted, let me know. No strings attached or it wouldn't be a gift, although feedback would be appreciated. I also accept donations in coffee to my house :D.

Only the Mini Landy comes in 1/16th for now (i will learn to scale myself in future), and rest are mostly 1/8ths and maybe some 1/10s (not sure about 1/10s). Link to site in previous posts for those who want a bigger one down the road.

Last edited:
@CruiserTrash the parts are coming out of the oven! Expect lots of updates this week; test prints have began! I have thousands of RC parts I will be learning to make over next 6 months, super exciting!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
First set of tires in TPU And Nylon PCTPE! Flexible material.

Lots of updates coming! There’s a batch of blue tires there, foreshadowing? Also TPU/flexible material.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

351B18B5-0434-4D3E-B428-DBDEB6650A33.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Can you make an ARB bumper with an 8274 Warn winch in 1/18 scale to fit an FJ45?

Can you make an ARB bumper with an 8274 Warn winch in 1/18 scale to fit an FJ45?
Will take a little time to mess with scaling and fitment, but I don’t see why not!

I do have 1 or two options in the mean time for the 1:8th that I can scale down, but it isn’t arb bumper. I’ll find a arb bumper model then remix it to fit the 3DSets cruisers in various scales.

I highly recommend you guys browse this link:

Community contributions to the 3dSets kits, and every part on there I can make for you for next to nothing.

You can find more parts by searching "3dSets" on any STL search engine (Printables, Thingiverse, etc). Google is also a good place to search for 3Dsets compatible filesmodels.

To make anything I just need 1 model of each component involved for mashing:

1 3d model of the winch
And 1 of the arb bumper

I could also make my own model if I had one to scan/take 360 photos of.

Last edited:
This looks great for other vehicles if scaled appropriately - just your basic bull bar:
A19E65F9-6A9F-4FA2-815E-DDB0949BFD3C.jpeg

And this whole vehicle … damn it looks really nice:
8AC3223F-72D1-4D5B-9666-768B039A2940.jpeg

Also, to help me test fitment before i ship off to save us all time and headache/dissapointments, i will order for myself a copy of electronics in every scale.

Please list your mods here if it isn't standard electronics; if you would like for me to ensure fitment for something (for example, the winch someone mentioned).

If you do not have electronics and would like to be a beta tester, I will work on RTR kits where you will need nothing to get started.

Last edited:
This looks great for other vehicles if scaled appropriately - just your basic bull bar:
View attachment 3026270

And this whole vehicle … damn it looks really nice:
View attachment 3026271
That's the one boss, that's your kit! I will order any color you want, but first set will be in my PLA+ colors (only green and orange at moment), and some parts will be black performance pla (drivetrain, suspension, engine bay etc). When i say any color you want, every part is in our control; this means you can literally have one with 100 colors/1 for each part; even more parts for the 1:8 scale kits.

Also i found these, google is our friend and i need for you guys to help me search through everything. STL is file extension for printer-ready, but any 3D model can be made to work.

Exact keywords i used in Google Image Search: "Landy ARB Bumper", many times searching for "3DSets & Part" Or "Landy & Part" will get you something compatible with the 3DSets Landy Series.

1654476700841.png

That's the one boss, that's your kit! I will order any color you want, but first set will be in my PLA+ colors (only green and orange at moment), and some parts will be black performance pla (drivetrain, suspension, engine bay etc). When i say any color you want, every part is in our control; this means you can literally have one with 100 colors/1 for each part; even more parts for the 1:8 scale kits.

Also i found these, google is our friend and i need for you guys to help me search through everything. STL is file extension for printer-ready, but any 3D model can be made to work.

Exact keywords i used in Google Image Search: "Landy ARB Bumper", many times searching for "3DSets & Part" Or "Landy & Part" will get you something compatible with the 3DSets Landy Series.

View attachment 3026276
Apologies. I though the file was on that website you linked, so I just took a screen shot of the bumper part. I didn’t know you had to then go find the file elsewhere!

If I get a choice between green and orange….. green please! Not picky though.

I’ve been thinking about electronics and will probably get a Hobbywing 1060 or 1625. Tx/Rx will be a FlySky gt3. I already have the TX so I’ll just order another Rx. Steering servo will probably be a Surpass 25g. I don’t know how common any of that stuff is, it’s all I know - they were recommended upgrades for my WPL and they’ve all been working great. Probably overkill for my 1/16 scale truck but oh well.

Apologies. I though the file was on that website you linked, so I just took a screen shot of the bumper part. I didn’t know you had to then go find the file elsewhere!

If I get a choice between green and orange….. green please! Not picky though.

I’ve been thinking about electronics and will probably get a Hobbywing 1060 or 1625. Tx/Rx will be a FlySky gt3. I already have the TX so I’ll just order another Rx. Steering servo will probably be a Surpass 25g. I don’t know how common any of that stuff is, it’s all I know - they were recommended upgrades for my WPL and they’ve all been working great. Probably overkill for my 1/16 scale truck but oh well.
No need to apologize boss, I do have all files from 3DSets and had not considered the stock bumper, so thank you for that.

I was just simply trying to teach everyone how they can see if the exact option/part they want is something that’s readily available.

That brings up a good point, maybe I can standardize and get our electronics on the same page; to make maintenance of everyone’s RC a breeze in the future.

Maybe I’ll just contact all the manufacturers and see who is willing to work with us, and from there we will pick from their options.

I’ll also join a RC community or two and seek their advice, if needed/offer my printing services and discounts to them while I’m there.

Can you do this?

Can you do this?
1654507749398.png

Eventually, if i can make it past that obstacle i will figure it out. From any 3D model to printable file is just a few steps. That is definitely a nice 3D model as well.

It's a nice coincidence, as I hopped on to let everyone know about this little gem in found in the Folders. We can also adapt the shorter versions from 3D sets to make them more HZJ75 and less HZJ45.

It is marked as "wider wheel base" which threw me off, as it looks like parts for Longer wheel base. 10 & 20mm longer options! This if for 1/8th scale but in the long run, i imagine everything can be scaled down or up.

1654508544152.png

1654508562391.png

Also, don't forget about this gem coming in 1:8 scale, with longer wheelbase optional! This can be the 2-door Troopy model.

1654508778824.png

Also this one with 4 doors, labeled as "Landy Wagon".
1654508854114.png

Good part about these is i already own the models, and they are already designed for 3D printing and road-tested. Something like what you linked/a more accurate scale mode, will surely come in time.

Last edited:
Nice @SharpeCat. You’re obviously working hard. Mine is 1:10 scale and it’ll go on this, but like I said I’ll stretch the frame as I want it to be realistic scale. I want it to match my real one. I’ll keep an eye out.
189359BB-849C-4954-9768-4FB165DE185F.jpeg
94AF198C-ED19-43A8-93B8-A50E4D9C4C1B.jpeg

Nice @SharpeCat. You’re obviously working hard. Mine is 1:10 scale and it’ll go on this, but like I said I’ll stretch the frame as I want it to be realistic scale. I want it to match my real one. I’ll keep an eye out. View attachment 3026620View attachment 3026621
If you want a match for your real one, get the file and donate it to me; I will personally make sure you get the first one I make. I’ll be more than happy to get the model 3D print ready if someone is willing to buy the file and donate me a copy.

I could also get it in a few weeks when I get my loan for stocking up on parts and more machines, as well as for things I need for my business: like 3D files. Can’t run a print shop without a good selection of models to print! I’ll do more than just make a 1:10 scale RC with it though, as I would love just a version to display on my desktop even a bobblehead troop carrier for my dash.

If you want a match for your real one, get the file and donate it to me; I will personally make sure you get the first one I make. I’ll be more than happy to get the model 3D print ready if someone is willing to buy the file and donate me a copy.

I could also get it in a few weeks when I get my loan for stocking up on parts and more machines, as well as for things I need for my business: like 3D files. Can’t run a print shop without a good selection of models to print! I’ll do more than just make a 1:10 scale RC with it though, as I would love just a version to display on my desktop even a bobblehead troop carrier for my dash.
Let me think about that and maybe I’ll do it.
Very clean troopy by the way. One of these days we need to scan it and really make an “accurate scale”.
She’s rough, but we’ve been through a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom