HZJ77 12V Radio & temp display... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I installed a 24 to 12 converter in my 24v 91 HZJ77 for a couple of aux outlets and a radio - When I removed the OEM radio to run wire the label on the radio said "12v negative ground". Did some of these 24v trucks come with stock 12 volt radios?

Also - the light for the altimeter on my dash pod works like a charm but the digital display is not lighting up. I removed the pod and display and checked out. the circuit board and it "looked" fine. Is this a common issue?

Thanks!

I have read that some came with a 24-12v converter installed.
Remove the glovebox and look above it.
I think they are low power. Might not be enough amps for your plans.

I have read that some came with a 24-12v converter installed.
Remove the glovebox and look above it.
I think they are low power. Might not be enough amps for your plans.
Mine has exactly that. Sends out just above 13 Volts and it's where the OEM stereo got power from. It's seems to perform its wizardry in some dark magical space above the glovebox.

Roger that! I might just install a new head unit and leave it powered by the stock converter. Not going for any Amos or big drivers or anything - just want bluetooth

The most simple way to get Bluetooth & hands free in a 24 volt cruiser is to install a 24 radio . This one is a truck radio made in Germany by Continental . Bluetooth & Hands free . Works perfectly and is rock solid . I have an older model , made by Kienzle . Search by Kienzle , VDO or Continental 24 volt stereos . I'm sure that at the USA there are also 24 volt stereos . They make a much simpler , reliable electric installation .
Can be bought here in Europe .

27871_0.jpg

Anyone found a good source for the Continental TR7423UB-OR in the US? I can find it on amazon and ebay for Europe, but not in the states. Also, I assume it will function with the ignition in a 24v cruiser, and not have to be custom wired to turn on like a 24v to12v conversions setup?

No, but I looked for a while.
My nephew living in Perth sent me a 24V Axis 1503BT from down under.
It is sitting here unopened in its box since I went to great lengths to get a 12V stereo working like I wanted.
You want to buy it?
axis radio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom