SOLD HZJ-80 Turbo, 1997 40th Anniversary, E-lockers (Utah) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1997 Toyota Landcruiser 40th anniversary edition $28,500 (vehicle located in Salt Lake City, UT)

I purchased this vehicle from the original owner in 2009 from Orange county California. The original owner purchased the car new from Fullerton Toyota in California and has remained in California until I moved to Utah in 2016. I still have the original Sales receipt. Rust FREE. In 2014 I converted the FZJ80 Landcruiser to a Diesel HZJ 80 Turbo. The 1hz diesel came out of a 2006 Toyota truck. The Engine was in the truck for only 3 years before it was pulled. Very low hours motor, mileage is unknown. The transmission is a Toyota A442F transmission fully hydraulic. The transmission was imported from Japan. This Landcruiser still has the original factory windshield. All other components to complete the conversion are all NEW Toyota factory parts ordered and imported from Japan, UAE, and Canada. This is as close as a factory HZJ-80 turbo as it can be. Frankly every rubber bushing, bearing, u joint and seal has been replaced with Toyota OEM parts. With the only exception being the front and rear differentials still being original. Most components that have been replaced have been for preventative maintenance not due to failure. All original Body and Frame paint, axles and drivelines have been touched up from time to time from rock chips etc.. I have put 40K miles on the Landcruiser since the conversion. Factory electronic E lockers. Being a 40th anniversary edition that came from the factory with lockers that makes this rare, one of 1604 imported to the US. This has been my 9 year project, regardless to say I don’t want to sell it but by family keeps growing and will no longer fit with camping gear. So I am going to build a bigger truck that can fit the family and gear. Clean title, no accidents.

Conversion parts
There are too may parts to list! All of them were ordered new from Toyota I have some binders full of the schematics and conversion parts purchased.

Engine components
New OEM Heater hoses and mixer valve assembly on firewall
New Water Temp sensor
Rebuilt all injectors, done by Industrial injection in SLC
Radiator custom built by CGJ ,heavy duty
New head gasket, Head bolts, Head was milled before reinstallation, Valve adjustment, New valve cover gasket, (All done as Preventative)
New Bottom end bearings and rear main seal replaced (All done as Preventative)
New OEM oil pan, specific for the HZJ80.
New timing belt and idler pully
New OEM Belts, radiator hoses, thermostat, Water pump
New OEM Glow plugs

Turbo
G-Turbo, Grunter Extreme and exhaust manifold imported from Australia. Turbo Specific buit for 1hz.
Custom 3 inch downpipe and flex joint.
Custom Full 3 inch exhaust from header to tailpipe.

Intercooler
Top mount intercooler from Cross Country, specific built for the 1hz-t motor imported from Australia, and hood scoop, Spal fan mounted underneath intercooler.

Transmission A442F From a 92-94 Landcruiser. Fully hydraulic, no electronics.
Heavy duty Torque converter installed, from Wholesale automatic Transmissions of Australia

Breaks
New Front and rear rotors OEM Toyota
New Toyota Break pads
Front calipers rebuilt with OEM parts
New OEM brake master
Slee off road extended front and rear brake lines.

Axles
Front axle hubs, wheel bearings, turion bearing, seals, wiper gaskets replaced, KOYO Bearings used grease packed with Amsoil Grease.
Rear axle bearings, seals replaced and KOYO Bearings used grease packed with Amsoil.
New OEM tie rod ends and pitman arm.
Factory Electronic differential E lockers

Drive lines
Custom built heavy wall drivelines with new OEM u joints.

Lift
Old Man Emu 2861 front coil springs (Medium Weight)
Old Man Emu 2862 Rear coil springs (Heavy springs 800lbs payload)
Old Man Emu 60018 front 60020 rear Nitro charger shocks and steering Damper.
Old Man Emu Lower control arm bushing and New factory Toyota upper control arm bushings
Custom built rear lower control arms 3/8” wall DOM tube with new OEM bushings.
Rear upper control arms fitted with new OEM bushings.
Front and rear axle locator bars fitted with OEM bushings.
Slee off-road sway bar drop blocks installed.
Timbren Front bump stops (these are awesome by the way)

Armor
ARB front Bull bar, with custom under bumper guard
Warren 9500- I LB winch and hand controller
Custom rock slider/ side steps with grip tape. Powder coated
Slee off-road rear tire carrier and ladder. Custom built jerry can swing out to access ladder, built with 500lb hinges super solid. High lift jack
Custom built Roof Rack 1” DOM tubing and stainless steel hardware. Powder coated
Slee rear axle E locker actuator guard.

Tires
Toyo Open country AT, 285 75R- 16, 80% + tread life remaining.

Auxiliary gas tank (cruising rage from 900-1000miles on both tanks)
Factory Toyota dual filler neck. (fills both tanks 23 gallon front and 40 gallon rear)
Auxiliary rear 40 gallon fuel tank. Tank has Toyota sending unit installed. Electric tank selector switch installed can switch from tank to tank on the fly and fuel gage automatically adjust to fuel level of tank selected.
Factory OEM fuel filter in engine compartment, inline fuel filter for auxiliary tank.

Interior
Yaesu 8800 triband Ham Radio. Antenna installed on rear Hatch. (yes you need a Ham license to operate on specific frequencies.)
Auxiliary Power jacks and USB ports on the center console.
Auxiliary gauges on A pillar, Trans temp gauge and EGT gauge. Made by DEFI aka DENSO high quality gauges.
Toyota auxiliary pullout cup holder
CDL switch
DVD player on roof for 2nd row passengers. Works but DVDs stick sometimes getting them out. Installed by original owner.
Rear cargo area has been lined with Dynamate type foil backed sound deadening .
Factory tool kit and jack
Custom rear Hatch light (on tailgate)
Weather tech floor mats
Cloth seat covers on front seats. All leather on front seats in good condition, drivers seat has one tear in the leather under butt recently ripped last year, could be repaired.

Other components
ARB air compressor under hood (for tire inflation)
ARB Freezer fridge power plug (rear storage area)
42” LED light Bar, Slee off road button on Dash.
Radio antenna assembly replaced OEM Toyota
Passenger seat motor worm gear replace OEM
Second battery trey OEM, Slee washer fluid relocation kit.

Imperfections.
Clear coat on center of hood by hood scoop is starting to fade and on center by sun roof.
Dent next to on rear passenger side brake light, painted dent to prevent rusting , no body fill used. Done by original owner.
Front Drivers side fender flare has some scratches on paint, can be easily repaired and fender molding is broken. can be replace with new green factory molding still available from Toyota. Done by original owner.
Back seat door actuators are getting lazy and could be replace. Parts available from Toyota
Drivers side visor is a little beat up, cosmetics, but functions great.
Drivers side door window seal molding is pealing up. Can be easily replaced still available from Toyota.
Other than those few items its in amazing condition for a 21 year old car.

Last edited:
Congrats, is it coming to CA :)

Sold $25,5000. Great deal for an awesome truck. It will be missed.

Congratulations on the sale and to the buyer. I was hoping it would last one more week so my brother and I could get a look and drive on it. Timing just didn't work. :(

Congrats! Someone is very happy.

Damn... congrats Craig - that was one sweet rig man!

Wish the timing could have worked for us but glad it's going to a good home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom